Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ilda v1 to v0 converter

Default ilda v1 to v0 converter

I have a laser with built in SD card reader. problem is all the software I have found only outputs ilda formats 1 or higher. I have ordered ILD SOS but don't have high hopes.

Have also looked into Laserboy but cannot work out how to change the ilda file output version.

Anyone who can help me convert these files to ILDA Format 0 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Kym

It is simple (haha) to do this in LaserBoy, all you have to do is add some points on the z-axis and it will save in ILDA format 0 automatically. There is no way to explicitly tell LaserBoy to save in format 0. The easiest way to do this is to move the entire 2d frame along the z-axis, by just a few units. The sequence as I recall it is:

v
    O (capital O, not zero)
    q (press q a few times to shift it on the z axis)
    T
    ^ (Shift 6)
    O (capital O, not zero)

Then save the frame as normal. You can also select all the frames and apply the offset to all of them at the same time.

You just have to make sure in the LaserBoy settings that it is not set to minimize the frame ('x' to get to settings, then 'a' to toggle minimize).

Thanks for the reply. All my files are animations, I haven't yet even worked out how to view or select separate frames. How do I apply this to all the frames in an animations.

Does it matter how many times I press q?

Also James mentioned I need to change something with the colours and TTL functions. Pallets perhaps?

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

In the post below is a WIP version of my program, which started out as a simple tool to convert between ilda file versions. It can do more, but should have all the options you want. Please let me know if the resulting ilda files are playable.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...570#post282570

Quote Originally Posted by colouredmirrorball View Post
    In the post below is a WIP version of my program, which started out as a simple tool to convert between ilda file versions. It can do more, but should have all the options you want. Please let me know if the resulting ilda files are playable.

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...570#post282570

Had tried this program before, and it was very close. The link you posted above just gave a long list of files so i used the RAR file in the first post in your thread that links to ver 1.0.1.

Unfortunately there appears to be no blanking between images in the exported file. Zilda reports the file is ver 0 but then adds the number 808464384 at the end of the format text. This app also displays correctly with blanking, but the laser does not.

EmoMo.ild is an example of the format 1 file i wish to convert
    Testnew.ild is the resulting file from ILD viewer with no blanking
    BATS.ild is a native file of format 0 that displays fine with blanking working.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Also noticed the colours seem to be wrong when I use this ILD file that has a rainbow pattern in it. the resulting file is mainly white, with flashes of colour. I tried exporting with both pallets on and off.Jimmy.ild

Managed to download the correct version 1.0.3 too.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Ah yes, that's because it probably uses the Random palette to load in the file. V0 and V1 files don't have colours in them, they have a colour index for each point referencing to a colour from a palette. If you use another palette the colours will be wrong. You likely need to load in the 64Ilda palette (which you can find in IldaViewer/data/Palettes) in the Palette editor tab, before loading in the files. In the data folder, there is an IldaViewer.ini file with the entry "defaultpalette Random" which you can change to "defaultpalette 64Ilda.png" so it tries to load in the 64Ilda palette on startup. Make sure you have this palette selected before loading in if you have more.
    Most programs assume you used this palette (such as Pangolin) so probably this is the one you need to use.

I'll look into what causes the blanking to be not working. It's possible blanking is handled by selecting the black colour instead of using the blanking bit. That, or I made another error :P

I can't remember if there is an option to apply the transformation to all frames. Not sure if you have to select all the frames first, or there is an option to apply to all frames.
    Regardless, I think even if there is just one 3D frame in the set, the whole file will be saved as ILD format 0. I'm not sure that there can be different formats per frame in the same ILDA file, but I could be wrong.

It doesn't matter how may times you press q, once is enough. Since you will be viewing it in 2D, it doesn't matter how far it is offset by, it can be a lot or a little and it will look the same when projected.

I don't think I ever had to change palettes or do anything with color to get it to work on my SD projector. I do know that I had to make sure the only colors I used were the 7 TTL colors otherwise that segment wouldn't display. Your projector may differ from mine though.

Quote Originally Posted by vjkdigital View Post
    Thanks for the reply. All my files are animations, I haven't yet even worked out how to view or select separate frames. How do I apply this to all the frames in an animations.

Does it matter how many times I press q?

Also James mentioned I need to change something with the colours and TTL functions. Pallets perhaps?

Try this one: ................
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Dont have the laser here at present, so testing will be difficult.

Mirrorball, do I include the pallet with file? Also check the Bats.ild file above, the blanking in that file does work correctly.
    Last edited by vjkdigital; 04-23-2014 at 21:32.