Thread: MAN on THE MOON-REM

Default MAN on THE MOON-REM

I'm working on a new show based on REM Man On the Moon. I've never done this but said why not. I give my stuff away for free anyways. Attached is my initial sketch. Anybody want to work on some of the sub animations and rotoscopes? Any ideas beyond mine. It's a pretty simple first draft. Kind of lost on how to include any and wrestling so I ignored that aspect.

I'm thinking of using the old 1920's moon silent movies as frames to rotoscope and trace. They are pretty simple so I think I can keep the points count reasonable. The elvis is already done in some of the pangolin frames. The games are simple graphics. Then maybe swami might want to take a run on the laser draft to pepper in some abstracts. maybe add some Maxwell as well.

Guess I'm proposing laserjam 2015.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Man on the Moon.pdf  

Wow - that's an ambitious layout!

I can't draw to save my life, but I must admit that I look forward to seeing the completed show. Still having fun with your Fireflies show!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Wow - that's an ambitious layout!

I can't draw to save my life, but I must admit that I look forward to seeing the completed show. Still having fun with your Fireflies show!

Adam

I'm well through it already. What I will do is release the draft show with placeholder graphics. For example I made a simple box with a name to hold the place of each game that is mentioned. I made a simple moon for the moon graphics....The show is done then but need to be populated by final graphics. Think of it as a Lincoln log show that you can DIY. We might get ten different shows that way and can pick the best for the final release. I think that will make it more acceptable to people trying their hand at it. I was pretty surprised no one but you to this point even commented.
    I was planning to do a full 42 minutes of show this way. They will still get made but it will take me a year. What I don't want is the draft show released as a final show from me. It would be black and white and full of crap graphics. The final with my name on it or the groups if it ever takers off goes on the pangolin show portal. If we can avoid all stock pangolin images ok then ilda release too.

Cool idea! There was an effort to do something like this here on PL a long time ago but it died out before ever really getting off the ground. Hope this time the idea gains traction!

Adam

I was hoping to teach people how to make shows In the process. How you make a timeline before you start.....I had no idea till I was shown.

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

So If I bring the Mandela Zero console to Cleveland we could record custom Abs on your ADAT for this song? Then distribute them as all white and see who comes up with something snazzy in the color department?

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Default K

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    So If I bring the Mandela Zero console to Cleveland we could record custom Abs on your ADAT for this song? Then distribute them as all white and see who comes up with something snazzy in the color department?

Steve
    Lets do it lets do it

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Next Week, Next Week. I'm jammed this week.

steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Next Week, Next Week. I'm jammed this week.

steve
    Try October buddy. I'm slammed.