Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TECcooled750mw300EVIL

El Paso, Texas USA and Juarez,Chihuahua Mexico

Thumbs up TECcooled750mw300EVIL

This laser build was posted a while back by 300EVIL here:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...d-445nm-Module....
    I have owned this unit since it was built(5 or 6 months). I don't own test equipment to verify any output. I do however enjoy using this unit and find it a real easy to use laser. The laser is small in size. It was sent with a medical grade power supply which I quickly matched to a power cord and some wire harness from NOS in our audio/video repair store.
    I experienced a small output issue when this unit was new. While taking the laser to and from my office I somehow slightly slid off the LASERBUG unit. I had no idea what a laserbug was and thought "oh well (!@#@!%$&*#!) I broke a diode lead". Little did I know the LASERBUG has a real easy connector that just slid right back on. Too easy. I use this laser along with a Chinese 532nm and have nothing but pure enjoyment from it. Although a little different from the original plan (no TEC) I feel the unit was built to last. The TEC feature was used to stabablize the output as shown in 300EVIL's video on post #32 of this thread. The builder although extremely busy at the time of this build was able to discuss various options along the way. I relied heavily on his input as he is the laser Pro and I am not. The driver to laser wires may be a little short as I choose like 6" for this length. In the future I would select a method that disconnects the units from each other. I may either build in this feature once I go to mount this to my Edison Case by MisterWilling or ask 300EVIL to build this feature in depending on his schedule. Thanks Adam for producing a great 445nm 750mw TEC cooled laser. Me, my friends and family have all enjoyed it. Those LASERBUGS rock too.
    Wiki:The first visible wavelength laser diode was demonstrated by Nick Holonyak, Jr. in 1962.

FS: hi grade SEAL DUST

WOW! That's quite a review! Thanks for the kind words jooopy. I hope the laser brings you many more years of enjoyment. It sure was fun to build, thanks for your patience while it was under construction.
    Adam

When can we see your next one,300evil i,m curieus how it looks

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    When can we see your next one,300evil i,m curieus how it looks
    Here are the photos...

Here is a video showing the stability...

http://s512.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=SAM_0356.mp4

I meant your new quad red

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    I meant your new quad red
    Oh! Ha! Yes, I will have to start that one here soon. I got a die4chill from Dave on it's way. Still have to get the collimators as well. Where do you mount your thermistor? I was thinking of drilling a shallow hole below your LASORB board, between the diode height adjustment screws.

You will get best results if you place the thermistor as close to the tec as possible. Otherwise you are likely to get bigger variations in temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    Oh! Ha! Yes, I will have to start that one here soon. I got a die4chill from Dave on it's way. Still have to get the collimators as well. Where do you mount your thermistor? I was thinking of drilling a shallow hole below your LASORB board, between the diode height adjustment screws.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    You will get best results if you place the thermistor as close to the tec as possible. Otherwise you are likely to get bigger variations in temperature.
    I'd say +/-3mW variance is well within operating parameters of a show laser. I'll always strive for perfection but I think the way it's built accomplishes the goal. Thanks for the suggestion.

OH, I thought you were talking about the 750mW blue. I see now... Well, Edison's laser module doesn't really make that easily possible. There's no room! And that's good because it's tiny. I'll have do devise something to get it as close as possible but It's not an easy task.

I now have a quad red of 4x789mW = 3.16W of 632.1 at .8mrad div and a spot size of 2mmx2mm ahhh hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahah... I also have some beach property in nevada .. 4 sale ... heheheheheheheheheheheehehh...... soory i't s fri nitey ..

using what diodes the 500mw 640nms?
    Where did you buy them from?