Thread: Phantom Dynamics Powered Tunnel Effect Laser Mirror

Question Phantom Dynamics Powered Tunnel Effect Laser Mirror

Anybody worked with one of these? I cannot seem to find any pictures or videos to determine quality for the price. Thanks

Not sure, but $700-$800 seems like too much to pay for a spinning mirror... but in certain circumstances it's probably worthwhile. Can't vouch for the quality, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    Not sure, but $700-$800 seems like too much to pay for a spinning mirror... but in certain circumstances it's probably worthwhile. Can't vouch for the quality, sorry.
    I agree, pricey. But there is defiant possibility for a pretty unique 'wow' factor for a semi-serious laserist setup. I am thinking of maybe grabbing one, but I do not have any DMX controllers/equipment on hand.

Lightbulb

Seems like most of their products are Pricey...

http://www.phantomdynamics.com/
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by MLS View Post
    I agree, pricey. But there is defiant possibility for a pretty unique 'wow' factor for a semi-serious laserist setup. I am thinking of maybe grabbing one, but I do not have any DMX controllers/equipment on hand.
    Only thing I can see that it allows you to do is project a tunnel from a different direction to that in which your laser is pointing. Seems very expensive to simply do that when a projector projects tunnels anyway.

Over $700 just to change direction. I fail to see how the effect will be special or wowing.

As mentioned, kinda pricey for a single effect.

Why not an FB3 and some low speed galvos? Same effect and more, no DMX controls required, and about the same money?

If you're looking for other sources, I'd contact Fred at One Stop Laser Shop or contact LaserNet. I believe that they both sell similar products.

Greg
    "Information not shared, is information lost forever"

Join ILDA
    Support Photonlexicon

Whats wrong with a mains voltage fan with a mirror glued on the front?

If you get it the right way round it will even blow smoke down the "tunnel".

Cheers