Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobolazer accession numbers needed

Default Mobolazer accession numbers needed

I want to add a mobolazer ML10-5.0G and or ML10-2.5G to my Variance. My ML10-2.5G is not marked with the variance or accession number. Does anyone have the correct accession numbers for the ML10-XX line? I swear I had the PDF from a supplemental report by mobolazer that listed the "big G" accession #'s, but i can find it. I have searched the FDA A-Z search engine for like 8 hours with no luck.

TIA

use the variance #- 92V-0286

I used that before and all went fine.
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    use the variance #- 92V-0286

I used that before and all went fine.
    That's the one I used. got denied according to the FDA there should be a specific accession number for each model....?

Do what I did. Put a big laser behind a Lil G Beam and tell the fire chief "Dude, it's the 5mw model."

Quote Originally Posted by LEDpaint View Post
    Do what I did. Put a big laser behind a Lil G Beam and tell the fire chief "Dude, it's the 5mw model."
    LOL

I have a Lil G Beam with a 1W 445nm diode, should try that some time (KIDDING!) lol

Lightbulb

Mmmyeah, unless you're kidding, sorry, but duplicity is bad-advice on a public-forum... Imo.. Besides, he's dealing with the FDA not http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdR2T6YKAUc ..(...though it is getting harder to tell the difference, these-days...

Quote Originally Posted by logsquared View Post
    That's the one I used. got denied
    Part of the problem, is that Mobolazer went out of biz, and while *technically* that should not 'uncertify' the projectors, the current junta at CDRH is taking 'issue'
    with it... ILDA and others are working on getting 'clarification' on that / fighting that base-concept (..since it *is* lunacy... )

Lumalaser bought that line-out, and may-have been-issued a new acc. for a new Product Report, since they won't simply 'transfer' them to another Co., even if, like this, it was a 'buy-out' (..again, should not *technically* 'uncertify' the projectors, but... )

Meantime, you might try Acc. 00-22665-00 or Var. 95-21839 - never had any rejections on those, but, these-days... I dunno anymore..

PS - If they tell you they can't 'find anything on ML...' all these scores of past-approvals may help 'jog' their memory / do their bloody-homework... http://www.regulations.gov/#!searchR...=0;s=Mobolazer

Hope this helps...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

I was talking to someone about this and he suggested doing a FOIA request to the CDRH for the original product reports since they (mobolazer) no longer exists its not proprietary information anymore

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Mmmyeah, unless you're kidding, sorry, but duplicity is bad-advice on a public-forum... Imo.. Besides, he's dealing with the FDA not http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdR2T6YKAUc ..(...though it is getting harder to tell the difference, these-days...
    j
    I would never call a fire marshal "Dude." It is a joke, but I could see where people would take this seriously. Although, since I don't use my Lil G out anymore, putting a 1watt 445 in it is a neat idea.

Lightbulb

It is a joke, but I could see where people would take this seriously.
    We just don't know each other, that's all... Nice to know I have yet another compadre that appreciates the fine-art of sarcasm / satire...

Here's a good chuckle: http://www.youtube.com/user/IntntnlP.../1/oBPm4eSRFkg

Although...putting a 1watt 445 in it is a neat idea.
    Here's a concept fer ya - scrap the actuators and put-in *8* 445s, straight-up / out the kazoo... Install a DMX > analog (or TTL, dealer-choice.. board for beam / brightness-control. Yes, you'd need a few drivers, but once the PCB and actuator-hardware was gone, you should-have plenty of room to play..

..Or, step it-up, further (..albeit, a bit more expensive / complex...) stuff the *hottest* green module you can fit, in there, down at the beginning of the 'rail', and install dichros to combine the B/G, so when you 'call for it', you could have a nice B/G/Cyan 'Quazi-argon' look, w/O a power-hungry 60-x or equiv.

Acknowledged, nothing really 'new', concept-wise (..Lumalaser did this years-ago, with R/G and I think R/V, iirc... not sure if they also have a B/G, now.. hafta check... - But this 'concept' could sure bring 'new life to an old G-beam', laying-around, eh?

One 'caution': Technically, you've just 'uncertified' the projector, since the 'G-Beam' was certified as 4.99999 mW This would now be a Class IV rig... However, iirc, mobo always had mirrors / dichros actuator-arms, and internal-hardware capable of 'handling' Class IV, even in the 5mW chassis... Unlike, for-example, 'Omnisistems' rigs (..and others) where a Class IIIa-b rig had *plastic* actuator-arms, and low-power mirs.. Not good for pumping Class IV power-thru...

..But since most of the G-beams could 'handle' this power - from a 'real-world safety'-standpoint - this mod would be 'OK', for you, privately / in your house, etc.. But, to use for public-shows, yes, it would have to be brought into compliance for a Class IV-rig (...add a key-sw, interlock, proper-labels, emission-indic. etc, etc - more like the ML-10 and 12-series... )

Anyhoo, not 'sanctioning' anything, per se, just a Krazy Koncept...

cheers..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    One 'caution': Technically, you've just 'uncertified' the projector
    was it certified to begin with? figure since <5mW it was just good to go?

also the 532 in my little g-beam is happily doing 45mW in my bedroom graphics projector lol