Thread: great now have

Default great now have

1w 532 pointers http://wickedlasers.com/lasers/S3_Kr...es-113-63.html atleast they cost 1K
    leading in trailing technology

I think it won't be very popular... it's expensive.. and there are already offerings of 500 mW green pointers, in terms of brightness they are already overkill and dangerous... plus it's DPSS so.. pay 1G, drop it hard one time and it may become misaligned...

Quote Originally Posted by laserdj View Post
    I think it won't be very popular... it's expensive.. and there are already offerings of 500 mW green pointers, in terms of brightness they are already overkill and dangerous... plus it's DPSS so.. pay 1G, drop it hard one time and it may become misaligned...
    Well, that covers lasershow people. Now what about the other people that actually *have* money and *don't* know anything about lasers?

- Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    Well, that covers lasershow people. Now what about the other people that actually *have* money and *don't* know anything about lasers?

- Jonathan
    The only people that still have any money are those that don't know anything about lasers.

Quote Originally Posted by ireedz View Post
    The only people that still have any money are those that don't know anything about lasers.
    So true LOL!
    On a side note... I hope prospective buyers do some research before spending their cash on this...

For a buck/mw, I would consider buying it just for the module... assuming the unit is within spec. DIY drivers like the P3 should even be able to modulate that 5W pump diode.

you can get 1W lasers with analog mod for $1/mW

It's hard enough keeping 532 lasers stable under modulation even with seperate TEC's and temp feedback everywhere, something tells me a 1W pointer module might fall a bit in this department

Introducing the world's brightest laser you can legally own.

Legally own maybe..... Legally use....? Ack!