Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laservision Digital SE head.

Default Laservision Digital SE head.

Hey all,

I was just given (by someone who gives me all sorts of off-the-wall stuff) a Laservision Digital SE head unit.

Looking in business end (unplugged of course) there are galvo's and what looks like a HeNe. It has a green sticker on it that says GREEN, and another Laser Warning Sticker showing 5mW.

I am guessing based on the serial in/out and the 15-pin d-sub that this is part of a bigger system.

When plugged in and turned on, nothing happens. I'll probably crack it open and see what's going on inside...

If anyone has any know-how on these, please chime in.

no how-to? i did a few searches for HeNe here and every post that mentions 'em shows up.

I'd love to get this running...

Quote Originally Posted by GoolGaul View Post
    no how-to? i did a few searches for HeNe here and every post that mentions 'em shows up.

I'd love to get this running...
    Take pictures of it and post them that may help.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20111110_191747.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	28722
    this is the top side. See the galvos (stepper motors? with centering springs) and the black block i

There is a few wires that come out of the black box (HeNe power supply?) that go to the bottom, where the control circuitry is. But other than that, all the wiring/ckts for the laser appear to be on this surface.

I will probably be diving deeper into this thing tomorrow night, but I will likely pull out the circuit board on the bottom, if I can get the laser to work without it. Otherwise, I might have to get a new P/S for it, and ID'ing the tube to match with PS is a complete mystery to me.

thanks in advance for any assistance ;-)

Be very careful He-Ne power supplies carry high voltage and will definetly ring your bell!

Quote Originally Posted by Retina Burn View Post
    Be very careful He-Ne power supplies carry high voltage and will definetly ring your bell!
    Touché ! I received more than one of those little cauterizing burns from
    HeNe, their leads and inverter. It will find a way to bight you. I had a poorly deigned after market inverter and it would arc across 5mm gaps between tracks on the PCB.

Have fun
    Kit

Yep, goggles, gloves, helmet, jock strap... I'm all protected ;-P
    And thanks for the all-important safety reminder. I am sure many people learn the hard way.

When I was in the US Navy, testing the plate voltage on a huge tube in an AM-3007 RF transmitter, I got bumped by a classmate, lost my balance, leaned into the transmitter, and discovered 2250 VDC.

I also discovered how to fly (about 8 feet), and that kind of voltage doesn't just shock you, it burns you too...

But where's the tutorial, the info, or what-have-you?

Yep, goggles, gloves, helmet, jock strap... I'm all protected ;-P
    And thanks for the all-important safety reminder. I am sure many people learn the hard way.

When I was in the US Navy, testing the plate voltage on a huge tube in an AM-3007 RF transmitter, I got bumped by a classmate, lost my balance, leaned into the transmitter, and discovered 2250 VDC.

I also discovered how to fly (about 8 feet), and that kind of voltage doesn't just shock you, it burns you too...

But where's the tutorial, the info, or what-have-you?

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

You have a PMS/Research Electro Optics tube of the kind that can be red, orange, yellow, or green. The 1 mW marking suggests its a odd color, not 633. You'll need to find the enable interlock loop on the hene power supply. Your galvos are not stepper type, but something I have not seen before that appear to be open loop analog. Stepper type has 4 to 6 wires, you just have two. Odds are you can gently hook them to a audio amp at low levels and they may look like a 8 ohm speaker to the amplifier.

Best I can do without being there.

Steve np

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

You have a PMS/Research Electro Optics tube of the kind that can be red, orange, yellow, or green. The 1 mW marking suggests its a odd color, not 633. You'll need to find the enable interlock loop on the hene power supply. Your galvos are not stepper type, but something I have not seen before that appear to be open loop analog. Stepper type has 4 to 6 wires, you just have two. Odds are you can gently hook them to a audio amp at low levels and they may look like a 8 ohm speaker to the amplifier. Be careful with the long glass stem in heatshrink on the tube.

Best I can do without being there.

Steve np