Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with Laser case

Default Help with Laser case

Not sure if this is in the right section, but here goes.

I have an RGB laser setup that needs casing, can anyone help with this as I'm not very goot with metalwork/woodwork and I need a good strong light case?
    I'm reluctant to go to a flightcase manufacturer as I don't know if they'd be able to work out the cooling and access that would be needed.

I'm happy to pay for materials and labour, so let me know if you're interested and can help.

Mike
    Taking on the world one lasershow at a time

The flightcase is a good idea, but ideally put in a big 12 mm thick aluminium panel across the top of the lower shell, supported on corners added to the frame for strength. Get the electronics on the underside, with fans blowing across the gear under there from one end to the other, and the optics on the top, covered by the upper shell. Make sure the catches and seals are good.

While the optics will probably need more access than the electronics once fitted and set up, you might want to get the metal slab on a hinge to make it easier to get underneath it.

You can buy a nice ready made enclosure case here, but the link is dead : http://www.laservisuals.com/products.htm
    And this company is in your land

If I remember, the price is something like 100£ ...

Hi and welcome

When i Built mi first proper projector i went down the flight case route and was very pleased with the results, i no longer have the 19" tray, i have now replaced it with a 12mm thick aluminum base plate that slides into rails in the flight case, hope these help ( you can pick the 4U flight case up for about £60 on Ebay, and the winch stand for anot £60 as well, here are some photos of it when i first built it,

all the best ... Karl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails laser1.jpg  

laser2.jpg  

laser3.jpg  

laser4.jpg  

Last edited by Banthai; 08-29-2007 at 05:59.

Thanks for the help so far guys.

I got Laser Visuals to mount up my RGB diodes with the optics, scanning, cooling and power on aluminium sheets that have been mounted above each other which I now have to get cased. The problem is that I don't know enough about what is required when it comes to airflow, access to align optics etc to get a custom case made from somewhere like flightcasewarehouse so hence asking the question on here.

I guess what I need is for someone to take a look at what I've got and to help me design/build a case to go around it that looks professional and is functional without being too heavy.

I'd quite like to get it done so I can attend the next UK meet with it so any help is very welcome.

Mike
    Taking on the world one lasershow at a time

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by DMikeW View Post
    I'd quite like to get it done so I can attend the next UK meet with it so any help is very welcome.

Mike
    Um... You should have seen my projector for the first meet we had here in Florida... My lasers where aligned with post it notes on CD cases attached via poster puddy onto a wooden board...

Welcome to PL!
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

We have been using the corner extrusions used for showcases like in the picture. Its cheap, available in any size, and very strong.

KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Damn Dave! That looks *NICE*!

Is that a plexiglass cover? So you can see the guts while it's on? Cooooool!

Adam

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Damn Dave! That looks *NICE*!

Is that a plexiglass cover? So you can see the guts while it's on? Cooooool!

Adam
    No they use the corner supports, not the plexiglass... I think.

That was the only pic i could find last night.

The great thing about using the extrusions/corner pieces, is its modular, so the sides can be aluminum, have a lockable hinged door, etc.

I just realized aij has some pics in his gallery, the sides are mdf in this box..

KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/