Thread: SELEM 9 Ride Share

Question SELEM 9 Ride Share

I'm trying to find a ride from Washington DC and back. I would like to arrive before Friday morning, and would really like to stay for the safety training if it is available this year.
    Amtrak/Greyhound are about $200 so I'm offering that for gas money.
    I might bring some stuff to sell if there is room but it's not critical.
    -Dan Barlow

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Hi Dan,

I'm going to say that I should be considered an absolute, absolute last resort but, I do drive around the northwest quadrant of the beltway on my way there and back. I say last resort for a couple of reasons. One is I wouldn't be staying for Monday for the LSO class. Another is, this year may be like last year, in that I'm leaving Tuesday night. My plan was to get on the road by 7 pm, drive 'til I was tired and get a motel somewhere hopefully within about 2 - 3 hours of Newton. I ended up getting on the road at midnight and caught a 20 minute catnap just south of Virginia Tech and got to the hotel by 8:15 am to meet DZ. Plus, the rental truck was loaded to the gills. I can't recall if I even had room in the passenger seat and I expect that to be similar this year.

I'm not entirely certain yet if I'm leaving to come back Monday morning or, if I'm going to be somewhat forced to drive through the night Sunday night yet. I may have two events going on at the hall totaling 400 people Monday morning at 7 am that I could have to be back for. Most likely it will be Monday morning though.

But if it means another person gets to go to SELEM that otherwise couldn't, I'll help where I can.
    PM Sent...

Hi Dan,

I may be able to help out. I'm driving from CT to Timonium, MD on Wednesday 8/12 to get some work done on my car which will take most of the day. I may just stay there overnight and start out for NC in the morning, or more likely I might drive a few hours south on Wed night and find a hotel en-route, and then drive the rest of the way to NC on Thursday. I have a sedan with room for equipment. I definitely won't be staying for the LSO course, so you should figure that part out first as I plan to drive back Sunday night and Monday (I'm not like Brad who can drive all night after being awake for 4 days straight at SELEM).

Also Brad -- last year you definitely did not have room for a passenger on your return trip... as that seat was being occupied by the lasers I bought from Adam.

-Hank

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post

Also Brad -- last year you definitely did not have room for a passenger on your return trip... as that seat was being occupied by the lasers I bought from Adam.
    Yeah... if there is a nook or cranny left somewhere, it usually gets filled with something. No sense leaving any open space that could have lasers, speakers, lights or truss in it.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Yeah... if there is a nook or cranny left somewhere, it usually gets filled with something. No sense leaving any open space that could have lasers, speakers, lights or truss in it.
    This is LaserSam. I was considering coming but would need a ride and haven't been able to contact anyone via email.

Thanks!

--- sam

Hi Sam;

We have a couple people headed to SELEM from the northeast. Hopefully one of them will chime in here with their travel plans so we can try to match them up with your schedule.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Hi Sam;

We have a couple people headed to SELEM from the northeast. Hopefully one of them will chime in here with their travel plans so we can try to match them up with your schedule.

Adam
    I'm not even sure if I'm going - nothing is set up. Haven't been able to contact anyone else. How do I get in contact via email?

--- sam