Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Laser Meet #3

Default UK Laser Meet #3

Im guessing everyone is up for another in 6 months time.

lets start getting a date in mind

17 august 2008???
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Cool

That's when we're having SELEM 2008 here in North Carolina. I suppose you could hold yours on the same date though.

Adam

really!!

lets see what everyone says?
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Cool

Yeah. SELEM is always a 2-day event. This year it will be August 16th and 17th. (Last year it was August 17th and 18th.)

Adam

Sounds like a good oppertunity to get some kind of live link going between the two venues.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampy View Post
    Sounds like a good oppertunity to get some kind of live link going between the two venues.
    Sounds more like a good opportunity to jump on a plane and visit the States

Anyone up for it ????

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Sounds more like a good opportunity to jump on a plane and visit the States

Anyone up for it ????

Jem
    Sounds a bit hardcore to do the UK on one day and the US on the next but what the hell, if you're getting the tickets then lets do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Anyone up for it ????
    I would *love* to join in on that trip... What a weekend!

Smile

Well, if any of you guys are serious about making it to SELEM this summer, you might want to plan for more than a day. SELEM is really a 2.5 day event. The Friday before it all starts, we meet at The Artist's Cafe for dinner. And after that, well, we basically close the joint.

Last year we were upstairs lounging around on several overstuffed sofas and chairs, smoking cigars, drinking shots of Petrone tequila (among lots of other drinks), and basically having the time of our lives. We got there at 6, and by 7 PM dinner was over and we were firmly installed in the lounge and the drinks began to flow. It broke up around midnight. (Bliss!) I think the bar bill topped 4 figures.

Saturday we started at 10 AM and ran until around midnight. Lots of lasers, lots of people, lots of fun! Sunday we started again at 10 AM, and ran until 5 PM, at which point we started packing up and cleaning up. (Some people had to leave earlier in the day, because they had to drive so far to get home.) The rest of us ended up getting out of there around 7:30 PM or so... A few of us went for dinner that night before driving home. (Personally, I got home at around midnight that night, and I was so wired I couldn't sleep!)

So you really want to plan on being in the Newton, NC area from Friday afternoon through Sunday evening at least. The shortest itinerary I'd suggest would be a flight into Charlotte airport arriving either late Thursday or early Friday, with a departing flight mid-day on Monday. Of course, more time would be great - if you've got the time to spend a few extra days in the area. There's plenty to do right in the downtown Charlotte area... Then too, there is an amusement park (Paramount's Carowinds) with 6 or 7 good roller coasters right outside of town. The Biltmore Estate is about 90 minutes by car from the venue, so that's another option.

If anyone is seriously considering a trip like this, get in touch with me ASAP and I'll work with you to help arrange lodging. There is a fantastic B&B about 4 blocks from the venue, but they only have 5 rooms available, and they fill up fast!

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 02-04-2008 at 16:33.

Will Robin need to prove his pointer is less than 5mW or will the Feds just take his word?

Jim