Thread: Galvos acting up

Default Galvos acting up

I start to have an issue with my galvos. I know this problem was discussed before I just can't find a topic. The issue is that circle is no longer ends into itself. Here is a representation of the problem.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Its not a lack of anchor points?
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    I start to have an issue with my galvos.
    Hey Doc - I am going to assume you very-well know how to tune scan-amps and therefore HAVE already tuned these to the Nth-degree, and still have this problem... IF SO, looks to me like what happens when there is a physical issue (ie- magnet, dirty pos. detectors, etc) - Best advice (assuming you've thouroughly eliminated tuning, bad cables, etc as a possible cause) is send this pic to Fred at OSLS, with all Galvo specs (make, model, amps, rev, etc) and he can likely help you better - he is quite the Galvo-God! - hope this helps...ciao

- J
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

I tried and couldn't get it right. I remember here was a topic about the same issue. I think the problem there was solved. Right now I'm doing extra shielding see if it makes a difference.

Lightbulb

I tried and couldn't get it right. I remember here was a topic about the same issue. I think the problem there was solved. Right now I'm doing extra shielding see if it makes a difference.
    Hey Doc - yeah, tuning is definitely a learned-art, and can go 'voodoo' on you if you get into unseen-loose-connection issues, and other-such 'hidden gremlins'... if you run into a dead-end on it, before 'throwing them against the wall' call Fred at OSLS - he is usually more than happy (unless temporarily super-swamped) to chat tuning / tech suppt...727-441-1805...wish ya the best on it - peace..

- J

Thanx I wondering more and more about servicing galvos. Is there such a thing? Well I do service my dremel and drill motors. I service all motors I have. Even inside MAC 250. But what about galvos. I've never been inside one. Mine has 5 flat screws at the back (I have CT 6800hp)

I just finished retuning my galvos. I'm perfectionist with a lot of patience thats why I loved the process itself even more then result. Well the result... it's like heaven and hell. There are still some room for improvement but I'm pleased with the result.

Lightbulb

I wondering more and more about servicing galvos. Is there such a thing?......Mine has 5 flat screws at the back
    Hey Doc ... ya answered yer own question, Cap'n!!
    ..Does take some specialized gear to work on them, though...best left for the shops that do it a lot...

There are still some room for improvement but I'm pleased with the result.
    Well, try this: stop by at your local pub (so you can get one of those "roundtuits") , have a nice, tall pint of Guinness for you -
    and one for me (cause I can't find it here in San Sal, and I BLOODY MISS IT!!!!!) then, go back to your digs, and - now that you have a 'roundtuit' you can take some pix of your ILDA test pattern & post 'em! And then guys like Fred (OSLS), and many others who I am certain are also 'monsters-of-tune' (DZ, Clandestiny, Yaddatrance, of course, Hayden and/or Bill B from Pangolin, etc) can perhaps give you some online 'TLC' (tunin' luvin'-care) ...

Only word of caution - you must use a BIT of 'slow-shutter' / time-exposure so you 'GET' all of the image, as YOU see it, in the pix...(see example below - with a Clients' old, dying 2.5W MG, with MECHANICAL blanking - point is, this is how it looks to the EYE...nothing 'missing'...) if you use a 'fast' shutter speed (like a typical setting for 'outdoor' pix) you'll likely end up posting a pic with segments 'missing', (from shutter-speed vs galvo-speed 'visual anomalies') leading to mis-diagnosises (ie- 'HEY DOC: always remember to tune BEFORE you Pub!'), etc etc...

OK, you probably know all this so I am just needlessly rambling, blah, blah, blah.... - peace..

- J
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC04063.JPG