Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: lightspace ascent-x series

swamidog is offline Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Default lightspace ascent-x series

does anyone have experience with the lightspace ascent-x series?

specifically the pure diode rgb6?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I didn't see a 6 on my list, just a 5.5 and 6.5. Is it new? The 6.5 runs 445+462 it seems...

Quote Originally Posted by hitekvoop View Post
    I didn't see a 6 on my list, just a 5.5 and 6.5. Is it new? The 6.5 runs 445+462 it seems...
    not sure. omar mentioned it to me. lightspace has several different product series, but the differences between them (ascent/saturn/unicorn) is unclear.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    not sure. omar mentioned it to me. lightspace has several different product series, but the differences between them (ascent/saturn/unicorn) is unclear.
    The difference is mainly the size of the case to fit the larger modules. Everything else looks the same.

The Ascent is their high-end series with powers from ~5.5W-24W.

The latest information I received from them lists:

Leo: Low end, single deck projector (I just ordered 3 of these for Dev purposes, review to come)
    Pluto II: I think we all know this one
    Venus II: Single RGB module in smaller case, alternative to Pluto II
    Pluto II XS: Pure Diode, available in Green-only and Blue-only variations. RGB unavailable due to OEM agreement with another reseller.
    Ascent: High-end RGB.

I see on their site they have additional models, but they weren't included in the info I received from Omar, and there's definitely some outdated stuff on the site. PM Omar directly for a pricelist and ask for her recommendations, she's very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    does anyone have experience with the lightspace ascent-x series?

specifically the pure diode rgb6?
    ive owned the the Pluto's and the Unicorns , the quality and build, between those 2 were identical.
    However, i just ordered 2 Ascent X's, with pure diode modules, 462nm blue,520nm, and 637 red with A40 widescans(9 watts total).
    I will post pics asap, but im sure they are just the same high build quality, but in a bigger case.
    my only worries, were with the 520nm modules, not being sure if they were prism corrected, but Omar confirmed they are now.
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

please do. omar couldn't send me pics because they were waiting for the lasers to be built.

Quote Originally Posted by carlos3621 View Post
    ive owned the the Pluto's and the Unicorns , the quality and build, between those 2 were identical.
    However, i just ordered 2 Ascent X's, with pure diode modules, 462nm blue,520nm, and 637 red with A40 widescans(9 watts total).
    I will post pics asap, but im sure they are just the same high build quality, but in a bigger case.
    my only worries, were with the 520nm modules, not being sure if they were prism corrected, but Omar confirmed they are now.

here's some information from omar @ lightspace about their ascent series:

Red, Green and blue we adjust them quite similar, near 4mm(aperture), 1.0-1.1mrad.

The beam spot of 32 meter distance is about 37mm.

Saturn, Unicorn, Ascent X housing we use for different power laser, Saturn and Unicorn housing is old housing, we may stop producing later.

Both Ascent X and Unicorn housing can be built for RGB6watt, Ascent X housing only built with ILDA connectors, without DMX.
    Unicorn housing has both ILDA and DMX.

Ascent is a bigger version of Ascent X, used for high power lasers up to 14watt.

Yes, we use prisms for 520 and 445nm

Thats pretty much what i thought,
    I prefer the Ascent X, because they only have ilda inputs and NO dmx crap!
    Reliability wise, all my older ones from lightspace are going on 2 years with no issues.
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

pop the lid on those 7 watts how big is the red3w? never seen pics of that one yet.