Thread: beam shaping

Default beam shaping

so would this work in this order,, although not ideal would it work

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	within.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	48136
    Last edited by b52productions; 08-15-2015 at 19:13.

Not sure exactly what your after there, but if combining two like diodes with PBS, then using one set correction lens will work fine as long as each diode is the same distance from the PBS.
    leading in trailing technology

using one set correction lens will work fine as long as each diode is the same distance from the PBS.
    Agreed. This is important and if followed then this is ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    using one set correction lens will work fine as long as each diode is the same distance from the PBS.
    + emitters' orientation must be the same, in which case you need waveplate on one of the beams to rotate polarity for PBS combining.

I wonder what that cyan lines show in your diagram... cause if it's an image, then it brings in a misconception - the concave lens expands beam, so the only focal point of the beam is imaginary and positioned in front of concave lens

i was referring to the use of cylindrical lens for shaping within the focal length of the collimation lens set.

Quote Originally Posted by b52productions View Post
    i was referring to the use of cylindrical lens for shaping within the focal length of the collimation lens set.
    Could you please explain further? I can't really understand what is this about... If your colli lens is that square just in front of the LD, I see that the concave lens (first of cylindrical lens pair) is somewhat 7 FL of collimation lens away

Each diode needs to be collimated prior to the PBS and prior to the beam shaping lens pair. The beam would grow to unmanageable proportions otherwise. The PBS needs to operate on parallel light as well. The lens pair will operate well as they are drawn. Keep the beam strictly on axis to minimize aberrations. I think your blue illustration lines are confusing to some. They do not represent the laser.