Thread: how to collimate 635nm

Default how to collimate 635nm

hi anyone know do i need any special lens to collimate 635nm 5.6mm can
    diodes, 1 want throw 100mw of 635 in with my multidiode 660
    and where can i find a diode at a reasonable price
    thanks
    chris

If you find out, please post - a LOT of us would like to find out about that, especially now that some of the new 660/635 dichros are circulating!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

2 -12 deg wedges work well if they are AR coated. Alignment is somewhat tricky. Reading / research is a must here. This goes way beyond the simple premounted anamorphics. Ther is another way....expensive...but simple. Hybrid lens that incorporates both axis in a usable manner.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

i asked a friend well it not somthing for us mere mortals to do its only for the laser gods the one's that actually know what they are doing
    what we need is more of them melles griot moduals about then we could give it a go i would like to find one and hack it and fit some thing bigger in it but i have not seen any on ebay for ages

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    If you find out, please post - a LOT of us would like to find out about that, especially now that some of the new 660/635 dichros are circulating!

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    what we need is more of them melles griot moduals
    Ok, they were very nice looking little modules that could clamp, focus and cool a diode, but I thought they had nothing more than a nice set of anamorphics in them for beam shaping?

They have a *very* nice lens in them too ($250usd new from MG,) in addition to the prism pair. They come with a low power 9mm LD glued into place. No clamp. Metal fabrication is required to put a new diode in them.