Thread: new lasercam feature video to laser

Default new lasercam feature video to laser

hi all
    dr larva has released an awesome new feature to lasercam pro
    video to laser
    what does this mean , you can create ilda files of youtube videos or scan them realtime
    you have to choose your videos carfully , but black and white vids and stick animations
    work well ,even for example some simpsons videos are ok .
    it works by sampling from a resizable desktop area.
    some results are not perfect but centerline sampling is being worked on and that should
    give excelent results, there are setting to adjust to optomise output , but first play with it put a big grin on my face i have uploaded a couple of sample ild files to give you a idea of what its like, not perfect ,i am still playing with settings to find what works best,
    i have others but they are a bit big to upload, you can use any video source that plays on you desktop, videos also look great using the sprial raster scan now i just need to learn how to capture some frames from a dvd and then convert them to black and white,
    what i want to try next is to get some simpsons dvd frames convert to black and white so just the black lines around each carature is left and use lasercam video to ilda
    to convert them,
    can anyone help me with that ? please

@ andrew , thanks for this cool feature
    Attached Files Attached Files
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

This software is simply amazing, I had no idea how or what it was capable of until Drlava asked me the other night when I was working on a project if I had it.

Like you I am still all 's and amazed at what it does. I really wish I had this sooner!
    my old process was capture the screen, export the AVI as tiff's in adobe, vectorized in vextractor, then ildsos. A process that took a very long time, now is a single little click and move of some sliders and done! Now I have some cool show ideas using this.

The only think I have found and I might be wrong is it seems to capture frames at a variable rate dependant on content and or CPU speed / resources. It would be nice if you could fix a frame rate below the max capable as I have audio slip on conversions as complexity changes. Maybe you can do this already as I said I just started to play with it.
    Last edited by polishedball; 09-08-2011 at 06:57. Reason: opps used to Chromes auto spell check... didn;t happen with my original post.
    leading in trailing technology

@Badger:

I never gotten around to test this thorougly badger!
    I thought of connecting an Webcam emulator and run movies through that, but i also see it uses some portion of the screen (left upper corner) and displays wat is shown there, although i can not resize my videoplayer so that it displays correctly.
    Any tips on how to input a nice , small movie ?
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    @Badger:

I never gotten around to test this thorougly badger!
    I thought of connecting an Webcam emulator and run movies through that, but i also see it uses some portion of the screen (left upper corner) and displays wat is shown there, although i can not resize my videoplayer so that it displays correctly.
    Any tips on how to input a nice , small movie ?
    That little upper window, is fully size and positionable.
    So yo ucan size it to your video player.

It is done in the slect source window if i reacall correct.

To bad laser cam dosent come with LSX if it did i would buy it in a heart beat.
    is this the closest thing we are going to get to pangolins video converter for swf files?
    i like drawing in flash and making flash animations. is this the software i would want to convert it to ild?

hey dimmers you can put the laser cam capture area where ever you want
    when you select camera use the drop box to desktop area,then click on select desktop area , your mouse cursor will change to a cross then you high light area to capture from.
    i normally set the video playing in the bottom left quarter of the screen then high light that quarter in lasercam

try a different video player if you cant resize there are loads of free one's about
    dont know why you would need a web cam emulator ?? confused

hope this helps
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

The price structure imo is so cheap if he gave anything else away he would be loosing.

LSX + IldSOS + LaserCam pro is what about $230 + DAC

Quote Originally Posted by kiyoukan View Post
    To bad laser cam dosent come with LSX if it did i would buy it in a heart beat.
    is this the closest thing we are going to get to pangolins video converter for swf files?
    i like drawing in flash and making flash animations. is this the software i would want to convert it to ild?
    If you want to send me a SWF file i can test it my guess is it would work very nicely.