Thread: My toy rebuilt (don't try this at home)

Default My toy rebuilt (don't try this at home)

Do you remember my first projector published here?
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ghlight=action

Last week I was preparing it for a party and I was retuning the galvos.

I had the bad idea to check the temperature of the hibrid circuit on the galvo board and "zap" I blown of the Y output (I still wonder how )

With a 72 hours deadline I've decided to dismantle all and squeeze in it some of the parts that I intend to place into my next RGB adventure.

I guess this is the most compact 45k Laserworld set ever built

Specs:
    150 mw 573nm analog from Lasershowparts
    45k Laserworld galvos
    Pangolin Flashback 3 with DMX daughterbord

Unfortunately the 5V supply couldnt fit in the box (the duct tape cover the hole for the previous DMX display

A look inside:

Because I will recycle all in another design, I could not shorten any wire of the galvo kit.

Can you spot the Flashback 3?

I also filed (horribly ) the original holes of the potentiometers to create a slot to access the board

I also had to remove one of the galvo plugs cover, (replaced with shrinking rubber) otherwise the box couldn't close

Sizes are 380 mm x 160 x 100 (L W H)

A little test after retuning (30k at 8°) Thanks Buffo for the tutorial

The party was a great success:

And Fb3 did a great job (logo of the car fanclub projected on a window):

Last edited by Pitopito; 07-18-2008 at 12:15.

Nice

It's amazing what you can do when you're under a bit of pressure

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Great job in a short time!
    It may be most compact laserworld 45k but I may have more compactness in my laser
    measuring 430x140x160 it has 100mW 473nm, 80mW 532nm, 350mw 650nm all with analogue control cambridge ct6800s and a DMX controlled pan and tilt head no fb3 built in though....
    see pic

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMGP9942.jpg  

If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Nice

It's amazing what you can do when you're under a bit of pressure

Jem
    Thank You,
    actually in my case I was under 20 Bar pressure

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Great job in a short time!
    It may be most compact laserworld 45k but I may have more compactness in my laser
    measuring 430x140x160 it has 100mW 473nm, 80mW 532nm, 350mw 650nm all with analogue control cambridge ct6800s and a DMX controlled pan and tilt head no fb3 built in though....
    see pic

Rob
    WOW, it's a shame that there are no clapping icons available here.
    (Plus can I compare even by far 45k Laserworld and CT6800s?)

Hey I tell you though, that took me many years of development through green and RGY then on to rgb so compared by time you win hands down!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Looks like you have some nice beam quality there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsone View Post
    Looks like you have some nice beam quality there.
    Thank You, I'm quite happy with the results:

Now must learn how to build a good show, then I could place more colors into my life (R an B are just waiting the dichros to jump on stage ).
    Anyway, I must thank everybody here. Without this forum I will probably still spin a couple of dc motors, drawing a Lissajus curve on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitopito View Post
    Without this forum I will probably still spin a couple of dc motors, drawing a Lissajus curve on the wall.
    Many of us started out that way - and I still look back on the spinning motor days very fondly - they were exciting times of discovery

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Many of us started out that way - and I still look back on the spinning motor days very fondly - they were exciting times of discovery

Rob
    You are so right!
    Today I was looking at my new 473nm when suddenly I got a flasback about my first HeNe surplus, and how I was thrilled to have my own photons shining in the dark....