Thread: WT 'Buy' Video Footage...

Exclamation WT 'Buy' Video Footage...

Hey Kats -

Uh, 'unusual' request: need to 'buy' some good-quality video of 'aerial' / beam-fx laser show... Kinda like these (attached), but must be at least 512 pix X 160 pix or wider... 640 x 480 or above would be great....

'Content' can-be varied, but what is most important is:

- NO 'images' - aerials / beams only - fans, sines, cones, tunnels, sheets, etc, etc - all-good.. but 'Zeus' has to stay-home on this one...

- Good Color and modulation-variety is required - again, see the 'samples'... NO monochrome-only submissions...

- Must be at LEAST 2 -3 minutes long (typical song-length) and variety in 'pace' and visuals is important - Client would like plenty-each of 'slow, medium and fast' parts, to 'cut' / use...

- Can be Quicktime or DV-format, but MUST BE UNCOMPRESSED, other than straight 'DV' or 'Raw' - NO H264 or mp4 or avi or mov WITH codecs...

- Must not contain any 'copywritten' stuff, per-se, at least nothing that any Co would 'object' to having you use / sell - in other words, please don't offer something you ripped from someones website or Yucktube page, w/o express-permission, and/or, it's your-own, dig?

- CAN contain 'people' (ie: shot in a club) but no one 'recognizeable' or that would require 'model-releases' / fees, etc - no $$ for that sort of thing... and no-ones / Co. logos / brands / club-names, etc, etc in the shots... And, probably best to not use any 'famous' or easily-recognizable venues / ones where the owners would WANT to 'authorize' such footage being sold, etc...

- Don't want a 'clubbing video' - don't wanna see bouncing-boobies or foam-party shots or sexy-chicks dancing, etc (well, at least not for this purpose.. - if shot in a club, must MOSTLY > ALL-be lasers - Client is NOT interested in lot of other lights, pyro, etc - Again, see these 'examples' - (they'd be perfect for him, but we don't have anything larger than the 320 x 240 size... - and MUST BE tripod-mount shot, NOT 'hand-cam' (ie, he liked this clip, http://www.youtube.com/dslasers#p/u/11/cJfKvLT1F6w but rejected it because it was hand-cammed...)

- If this is YOUR co footage, there can be no 'Co. logos / watermarks', in the footage... you have to be willing to let it be 'anonymous' - and - FOR THE RECORD - this will NOT, I repeat, NOT be used for ANY of DSLI-promos / marketing / website, etc - I think most of you 'know' that I take explicit-pride in everything WE do, being OUR own work or partnerships, etc - you'll NEVER see this show up on our YouTube channel or website - and that's, here, IN PRINT.

whew.

This will be going into a 'documentary' about 'human-interaction', or some other smack, as a 'backdrop' for a section in it - this is not 'our' project... Already 'tried' recommending us doing
    a custom-shoot, for them, but no time and no $$..

Need this ASAP (...like, tonight / tomorrow am, latest...) and we can FTP or other, and I can arrange to pay via PP...

Client is offering $150. for the clip-useage but it's straight 'pass-thru'... We're not 'custom shooting this' cause I'm slammed, and the 'budget' just does not warrant it, knowhatimean?

Any other ??s, PM-me, I'll be off for awhile, but will check-in, asap... you're also welcome to call me 818.358.8716... Thanks, ya'll

j
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 08-04-2010 at 16:35. Reason: forgetted to add example clips
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Lightbulb

You can use any of my videos of my shows. I'm posting this from my iPod; so looking for links is a bit hard. I should have the .avi for each show along with video of a lot of the canned pango shows.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

'sup Bro -

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    You can use any of my videos of my shows. I'm posting this from my iPod; so looking for links is a bit hard. I should have the .avi for each show along with video of a lot of the canned pango shows.
    Ah, well, no problemo to 'wait' till ya get home / front of your PC, etc, buuut, re-nember:

"- Can be Quicktime or DV-format, but MUST BE UNCOMPRESSED, other than straight 'DV' or 'Raw' - NO H264 or mp4 or avi or mov WITH codecs..."

...Client was *real* specific about that.... So... 'Got Raws'? Even if you have some stuff on DV-tape, etc and can 're-import' as straight-dv, that might werk...

We've got TONS of 'raw' dv-tapes, but all the stuff we have like this (x'cept for these little clips) are in San Salvador right now... ..and, yeah, I can have someone get them / ship, but they ain't gonna be here by tomorrow / Fri, latest... everything I have here, in Cali, is large-venue / corporate / graphics, etc... not gonna werk for him...

So, lemme know, L8r dood...

ciao
    j

I have tons of original .MPG files right from the digital camera that appear clearer that your examples. All beam shows of course since I do not really do graphics. 100% of them are taken from night clubs but no one identifiable

of course none of it scans low, its mostly horizontal stuff. no crowd scanning so it might not have the effect your examples have, nor were they shot from tripods

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    'sup Bro -

Ah, well, no problemo to 'wait' till ya get home / front of your PC, etc, buuut, re-nember:

"- Can be Quicktime or DV-format, but MUST BE UNCOMPRESSED, other than straight 'DV' or 'Raw' - NO H264 or mp4 or avi or mov WITH codecs..."

...Client was *real* specific about that.... So... 'Got Raws'? Even if you have some stuff on DV-tape, etc and can 're-import' as straight-dv, that might werk...

We've got TONS of 'raw' dv-tapes, but all the stuff we have like this (x'cept for these little clips) are in San Salvador right now... ..and, yeah, I can have someone get them / ship, but they ain't gonna be here by tomorrow / Fri, latest... everything I have here, in Cali, is large-venue / corporate / graphics, etc... not gonna werk for him...

So, lemme know, L8r dood...

ciao
    j

Hey G-man...

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    I have tons of original .MPG files...none of it scans low, its mostly horizontal stuff. no crowd scanning so it might not have the effect your examples have, nor were they shot from tripods
    Hmm, well, I'll ask the Client about the .mpg - prolly, he'll pass, but, more importantly - you got any 'previews' / YuckTube clips, at least? He obviously won't be able to 'take my word', if they're good...

Thanky..

peace....
    j

Hey G-man...

Hmm, well, I'll ask the Client about the .mpg - prolly, he'll pass, but, more importantly - you got any 'previews' / YuckTube clips, at least? He obviously won't be able to 'take my word', if they're good...

Thanky..

peace....
    j
    example:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm_83rquiok

PS: not my taste in music at all

Default thanks...

Hey G -

example:
    Hmm, well, thanks, and: Nice, buut I think he'll 'reject' it for much the same reasons he rejected this one: ... too much movement and too 'frenetic'... he wants a good-balance of 'slow, medium and fast'-paced stuff... I know it's a 'pain' but the examples I uploaded, here, he said were 'almost perfect for him', but I don't have anything higher-res on these clips than 320 x 240... so, bzzt... and all our orig-dv tapes with more of this 'type' of stuff are all in el Sal / or NY... all the stuff I have, here is corp / graphics-heavy...

Lemme know if you dig anything up that is more like the examples I uploaded...

PS: not my taste in music at all
    Hah! I hear ya...

peace..
    j

Hah! I hear ya...

peace..
    j
    By the way, by chance are you doing anything for Electric Zoo next month? I am gonna be up there and could drop by and say hi if you are

By the way, by chance are you doing anything for Electric Zoo next month?
    No, gonna be out here, doing two BIG cd-release parties (fingers x-ed.. but it'd be nice to see the C-Bros + Benni...

kit...
    j