Thread: Any reason...

Default Any reason...

...why there hasn't been a group buy for ScannerMax 506's yet?
    Cheers

Colin.

Anyone wanting to be a politician, should automatically be excluded from being one!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

the near nonexistence of amps is putting a huge damper on such things.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMax View Post
    ...why there hasn't been a group buy for ScannerMax 506's yet?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

when I by a car I like it to come with an engine
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Ah, right.

Do we know if there is a timescale for the amps?
    Cheers

Colin.

Anyone wanting to be a politician, should automatically be excluded from being one!

To be honest, these scanners are priced pretty well, as it is. They are cheaper than DT's and quite a bit better.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    To be honest, these scanners are priced pretty well, as it is. They are cheaper than DT's and quite a bit better.
    Ok. But when you buy DT's, you buy a complete system with amps. As I understand it, 506's are currently scanners only requiring existing amps to be modified. Are there / will there be amps available designed for use with the 506's that will come as a complete system like the DT's and if so, will that be at a competitive price?
    Cheers

Colin.

they should be well priced as half the kit is missing

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Buying scanners with no amps?? This makes no sense. Has Bill given a timeline of when they will be releasing the full kit?

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Buying scanners with no amps??
    Happens all the time. People often buy scanners for use with compatible amps. G-100s, G-120s and G-138s were often bought with the intention of pairing them with various amps. As we all know, the TurboTrack II amp was a great match and it was not built by General Scanning. Same thing with some of the CamTech scanners. This is all that is going on here. Pangolin has built a scanner that can be used with many different amps. Granted, the amps need modification, I give you that, but they can be paired with a bunch of them. In Steve's 506 thread, he gives an estimated unit price for scanners with no amps, a price of amps (modded and pre-tuned) from him. Once assembled, they will be cheaper than DTs and I have already seen my 506s outperform my DTs. I guess what I am saying is, given the fact that you would have to "assemble the kit" yourself, that is a pretty big savings that a group buy probably wouldn't even come close to. I mean, this thread was about getting a deal.....

As far as a complete kit from Pangolin, that I don't know. I know Pangolin is always late to the party. The good thing is, in my experience, it is always worth it in the long run.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Ok I see.. yeah I run my G120s with power amp chips from Newark .. but, just sayin' .. I thought they would have specially tuned amps to go with their newly released scanners .. guess not .. no biggie I guess as long as everybody's getting what they need. Yeh, beats Dragon-tigers everywhere ..