Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone interesting test the blue laser till to die?

Default Anyone interesting test the blue laser till to die?

Hi, guys
    This is Bridge, , our company is Beijing Laserwave Optoelectronics Tech.CO.,LTD.(www.laser-wave.com)
    Ok, Just as the title write , who will interesting?
    yes, I must tell all of you more, yes, from 28/11 to now, we test one of our blue laser burning in ability, after 21 days, 21*24=504 hours gone, it still work well, I am worry I hadn't the patience waiting it to die, so anyone interesting to do this work, all 24 hours burning till it to die. ok, the test is free, you only need is pay the shippment. who like to do this destory experiment, yes, if you need lasers to test other things, that will be better, of course you can use this laser to do anything. we are only inteeresting the result. yes, test result.if you 'd like compare with other company's lasers, that would be better. .
    if you are interesting, please tell me as soon as possible.
    Best regards!
    Bridge
    www.laser-wave.com. sorry for the new webwite still not well, need more hard working.
    MSN: oe_laser@hotmail.com (Email or MSN is better than PM, because the system is more stable)

Lightbulb

Hey, I'll do it.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Hi Bridge

I am pretty sure you will get many offers for this , in particular i know ANDY_CON has been keen on experimenting with a blue for some time , hes always very good at assessing and writing up reviews ,i am sure he will be along soon but i think you should seriously consider Andy as he will do you a comprehensive review on his website at www.laser-man.co.uk

Paul
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Hi Bridge

Stand by for a MASSIVE response to your offer

Of course, I would be more than happy to do this for you

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hi Paul,
    Yeah, I know, I 'd like someone to do comprehensive test of our lasers.
    I am lost the interesting to test anymore, after 21 days long time test,today still burning in, I don't want to power off till someone would like go on.
    Best regards!
    Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Lasermad View Post
    Hi Bridge

I am pretty sure you will get many offers for this , in particular i know ANDY_CON has been keen on experimenting with a blue for some time , hes always very good at assessing and writing up reviews ,i am sure he will be along soon but i think you should seriously consider Andy as he will do you a comprehensive review on his website at www.laser-man.co.uk

Paul

errrr hi lol,

yes i would be more than happy to test a blue module. if you wanted a review with links to your site i can do that not a problem
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Well if you are really really really stuck I will play (sorry test it) for you.

Jim

Let me get this straight, the laser has to be powered on the 24x7 until it dies? Not much fun in that.

Cool

Bridge;

Have you been running a simple, full-power, always on test, or have you been varying the power some?

I think that a 100 hour full-power (continuous on) test is sufficient to tell whether or not the laser is stable enough. After that, I think a better "test to failure" would include a more real-world usage pattern.

Something like a varying blanking signal, say from 1Khz to 10Khz or so, with a varying duty cycle too. (Say, from a high of 90% on and 10% off, down to around 50-50 or so.) You could ramp the blanking speed up and down every 15-20 seconds or so, while changing the duty cycle over a period of a minute or two.

A test like that would simulate actual laser show use, which would be a lot more helpful. However, even so, you're looking at a 6-8 month test duration here. (And that's assuming just 5,000 hours MTBF; it could be a lot longer than that - potentially a year or more if you get up around the 10,000 hour MTBF mark!)

Then too, you'd probably want to set everything up on a UPS, so that minor power outages won't interrupt the test. (During a 6 month long test, a lot could happen!)

It's an interesting project, but I don't have the time to properly set up the test conditions right now. (At a minimum, I'd want to build a custom circuit to regulate the blanking as described above, then mount everything on an optical plate and secure it someplace where it won't be in the way for the next 6 months to a year...) Maybe after the first of the new year, but not now.

Still, I'm sure you'll get plenty of people that are willing to take you up on the challenge. Good luck!

Adam

PS: Gary - I hear you. It's not really a "fun" project once you think about it... I'm sure it will be fun for the first couple months, but after that it will be just tedious. The test could potentially drag on for a year or more, and you can't use the laser for anything else. Still, I'm sure someone will take up the torch.

Hi Adam,
    well viewpoint, we test it 21 days and nights, 504 hours continue ,full power burning, yes, Mr.coffee gone to our company this month and buy a blue laser, maybe he 'd like prove it.just as you said a more simulate usage test will be needed.

Hi all friends,
    Now, I am really some headache, we only had one, but receive many require, so I don't know how to choice, but after we choice , be honest, I will tell all of you .
    which one would be the lucky, still not decision.
    Best regards!
    Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Bridge;

Have you been running a simple, full-power, always on test, or have you been varying the power some?

I think that a 100 hour full-power (continuous on) test is sufficient to tell whether or not the laser is stable enough. After that, I think a better "test to failure" would include a more real-world usage pattern.

Something like a varying blanking signal, say from 1Khz to 10Khz or so, with a varying duty cycle too. (Say, from a high of 90% on and 10% off, down to around 50-50 or so.) You could ramp the blanking speed up and down every 15-20 seconds or so, while changing the duty cycle over a period of a minute or two.

A test like that would simulate actual laser show use, which would be a lot more helpful. However, even so, you're looking at a 6-8 month test duration here. (And that's assuming just 5,000 hours MTBF; it could be a lot longer than that - potentially a year or more if you get up around the 10,000 hour MTBF mark!)

Then too, you'd probably want to set everything up on a UPS, so that minor power outages won't interrupt the test. (During a 6 month long test, a lot could happen!)

It's an interesting project, but I don't have the time to properly set up the test conditions right now. (At a minimum, I'd want to build a custom circuit to regulate the blanking as described above, then mount everything on an optical plate and secure it someplace where it won't be in the way for the next 6 months to a year...) Maybe after the first of the new year, but not now.

Still, I'm sure you'll get plenty of people that are willing to take you up on the challenge. Good luck!

Adam

PS: Gary - I hear you. It's not really a "fun" project once you think about it... I'm sure it will be fun for the first couple months, but after that it will be just tedious. The test could potentially drag on for a year or more, and you can't use the laser for anything else. Still, I'm sure someone will take up the torch.