Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please school me - laser color correction boards

Quote Originally Posted by m0f View Post
    However there's no adjustment for delay, which is where the colour correction boards are helpful. And also is nice to have it tuned in hardware and not dependant on a particular software.
    That's exactly why I developped a hardware solution Despite I used software correction for years, I was bit of tired of it. No more need to struggle with software-dependant configurations, and you can use one DAC for multiple projectors, even if they are very different. You just end up with perfectly calibrated projectors, plug&play and that's it.

Oh I see, I misread your other post. So once tuned up settings can be flashed to firmware and forgotten ? That sounds like a great setup. Are you planning to sell these boards or is it more for personal use ?

Quote Originally Posted by m0f View Post
    Oh I see, I misread your other post. So once tuned up settings can be flashed to firmware and forgotten ? That sounds like a great setup. Are you planning to sell these boards or is it more for personal use ?
    Exactly that! That sounds very promising. I'm at the prototype stage now, first PCBs are ready to assemble, I'll be able to test the first boards soon. Then if they work as expected, I'll start selling them if there's some interest. And I do my best too to keep price very reasonable.

http://www.pangolin.com/resguide03d.htm
    Pangolin has required reading.

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    That's exactly why I developped a hardware solution Despite I used software correction for years, I was bit of tired of it. No more need to struggle with software-dependant configurations, and you can use one DAC for multiple projectors, even if they are very different. You just end up with perfectly calibrated projectors, plug&play and that's it.
    This approach sounds really cool, sbk.

Like m0f said, the ability to control the rise and fall timing is a handy feature of the DZ colour control board. The approach you detail provides a hardware solution for odd behavior in modulation of some lasers. For example, many of my dpss greens have a odd modulation spot around 2.4 volts where output flat-lines or even decreases until ~3.1 volts. Your solution could address this at the (programmable) hardware level.

Please keep us updated as you progress!

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    This approach sounds really cool, sbk.

Like m0f said, the ability to control the rise and fall timing is a handy feature of the DZ colour control board. The approach you detail provides a hardware solution for odd behavior in modulation of some lasers. For example, many of my dpss greens have a odd modulation spot around 2.4 volts where output flat-lines or even decreases until ~3.1 volts. Your solution could address this at the (programmable) hardware level.

Please keep us updated as you progress!

-David
    Yes that's quite common to see these unwanted behaviors on green DPSS. But even with pure-diode systems, modulation is usually not linear at the beginning of the curves, and that gives no stable colors when working in this region, i.e. soft-end lines or simply fades in/out.
    Another advantage will be for audience scanning : when you adjust software BAM at i.e. 75%, with this board your projector will really output 75% of the total power.

I'll post a thread about this board later, as soon as I have concrete working things. Myself am very eager.

Sebastien

In the past I have talked to macpod about the software to do this he uses openlase.
    I think he may have developed some of his own software for this platform.

I have an unused iris system for sale that does that and it is ready to go. I paid 800.00 for it. I'll take 600.00. look at the magic eye website for details.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    I have an unused iris system for sale that does that and it is ready to go. I paid 800.00 for it. I'll take 600.00. look at the magic eye website for details.
    Btw, have you tested it? How good is it working? I have two of these boards but without the color sensor...