Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's For Sale at SELEM V?

Default What's For Sale at SELEM V?

Figured I'd start an area to list what I plan to bring, as well as see what else may be available?

For 2011 I will bring:

Lumia Wheel Kits with Hankscraft DC Gearmotors (I expect to have both 1 RPM & .5 RPM motors) $40.00 each - these will be the last of the less expensive kits that I will have available, as the motor stock is no longer available. These are the same kits that DZ had listed on his site, with many happy customers!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lumia Motor Front.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	26289 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RGB%20Lumia1.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	26291

C&K key switches (CDRH compatible - key cannot be removed when in the on position). All switches are keyed to the familiar "A126" type key - $7.

Name:	ck CDRH.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	26293

"Defeatable" interlock switches $8 each, 2 for $15 or 4 for $25.

Name:	Interlock Switch 3.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	26290

Keyed E-Stop "Mushroom" switch (cannot be turned on/reset without using the key) w/enclosure $25

Name:	tc estop.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	4.7 KB 
ID:	26292

I may have some other items, such as torture/twist tubes and other effect wheels, depending on interest.

Note: All items are new & unused.

Greg
    Last edited by Displaser; 08-01-2011 at 17:43.

effects wheels are always welcome... may get one of those kits from you to have a spare

I will have my MFE style actuators... will post pics

I also have some analog diode drivers that were remaindered from a project... basically modified stanham drivers with a 3A output transistor

also if there is any interest I can bring components... LM317's d-sub connectors/hoods etc

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i want some of this now!

Quote Originally Posted by Displaser View Post
    Figured I'd start an area to list what I plan to bring, as well as see what else may be available?

For 2011 I will bring:

Lumia Wheel Kits with Hankscraft DC Gearmotors (I expect to have both 1 RPM & .5 RPM motors) $40.00 each - these will be the last of the less expensive kits that I will have available, as the motor stock is no longer available.

C&K key switches (CDRH compatible - key cannot be removed when in the on position) $7.

"Defeatable" Inter-lock switches $8 each, 2 for $15 or 4 for $25.

Keyed E-Stop (CDRH Compatible) "Mushroom" switches w/enclosures $25

I may have some other items, such as torture/twist tubes and other effect wheels, depending on interest.

Pictures to follow....

Greg
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I have 10 or so 3V 3RPM Hanscraft motors that I don't really have a use for. At 3RPM they are a bit fast for lumia effects but I had had luck by reducing the voltage to only 1.5V. They still turn. If anyone is interested I can bring some. We can test the speed/torque with different voltages to see if they are useful. Only ask me to bring them if you are serious, though. I'd sell them for $10 a piece or so.

i built a belt/pulley system for speed reduction in my lumia system. those 3rpm motors would probably be fine if you did something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I have 10 or so 3V 3RPM Hanscraft motors that I don't really have a use for. At 3RPM they are a bit fast for lumia effects but I had had luck by reducing the voltage to only 1.5V. They still turn. If anyone is interested I can bring some. We can test the speed/torque with different voltages to see if they are useful. Only ask me to bring them if you are serious, though. I'd sell them for $10 a piece or so.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Hmm. What did you use for belts? I guess rubber bands might work?

here's a shot of my lumia engine.

Name:	lumia-000101.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	199.3 KB 
ID:	26242

see this thread for more data: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...804#post173804

i don't want to totally thread jack here.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Hmm. What did you use for belts? I guess rubber bands might work?

Looks cool. I have a mini-lathe and those pulleys would be a good project for me once I have time to arrange my workshop.

What about stepper motors? Why can't they be used?

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomRage View Post
    What about stepper motors? Why can't they be used?
    because then it would not be a smooth movement and kind of kill the effect