Thread: Red build

Default Red build

Here's something I've been working on recently.

I'm still waiting for some more diode blocks, flex mounts and a half wave plate.

So having proved the concept to myself and as I am waiting for parts I thought I'd anodise the metalwork

The optical plate prior to treatment

......and here after a sodium hydroxide dip, the black colour is caused by copper and other alloys in the aluminium.

...... so I then dipped the plate in 50% nitric acid to remove the smut, well this is the base plate, but I forgot to photograph the optical plate before it went in the anodising tank

Then we simmer on 6A for 45 minutes in 25% sulphuric acid

The plate with it's anodised coating

... then in to the dye tank for an hour at 55°C

The plates were then sealed in nickel acetate for one hour at 98°C to seal in the dye'

The black plate with the balance resistor board mounted

The base plate in fiery red

Now I am waiting for parts

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Default laser build

hey doc that a sweet build
    i see your using daves mounts arnt they the mutt's.
    sorry for the questions but,
    what lens are you using ?
    whats the beam size in that beam shot pic ?
    are you using loc diodes ?
    what power are you hoping to see from your build when finished ?

thanks
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

I'm using Rob's mounts for the higher rear 6 mirrors and Dave's mounts for the lower front 6 as they are slighty lower and smaller.

Initially it will have 800mW of 637 and 2W of 660, the plan is to swap out the 660s later.

The beam size in the photo is around 6x5 using Aixiz red glass lenses and an el cheapo Russian telescope, but I have Roithner 7020 lenses to go in (when I find some metal lens tubes that will take them), also the telescope will be swapped for an Edmonds jobbie, also I need some more Zorbs.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Default lens tubes

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I'm using Rob's mounts for the higher rear 6 mirrors and Dave's mounts for the lower front 6 as they are slighty lower and smaller.

Initially it will have 800mW of 637 and 2W of 660, the plan is to swap out the 660s later.

The beam size in the photo is around 6x5 using Aixiz red glass lenses and an el cheapo Russian telescope, but I have Roithner 7020 lenses to go in (when I find some metal lens tubes that will take them), also the telescope will be swapped for an Edmonds jobbie, also I need some more Zorbs.

hey doc give dave a shout on lens tubes he has modded aixiz type lens holders
    that may work with the roithner lens
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Currently waiting on some more retainers, but they don't fit the 7020's

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    hey doc give dave a shout on lens tubes he has modded aixiz type lens holders
    that may work with the roithner lens
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/