Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: DMX with QM2K

Default DMX with QM2K

Can all versions of ld2K run DMX lighting? I am thiking of picking up a couple of intelligent lights and using my QM to run them for Halloween this year since I don't use lasers around the trick-or-treaters. I was wondering if LD2K Intro can run DMX lighting or if I would need a higher version of my LD software. If I need a higher version, I think I will just get an Enttec or something. The Pangolin website has always been slightly difficult to navigate and it doesn't provide much information.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Spaghetti will control of DMX devices. You just add them to the timeline like anything else. I can add support for the Entec and any DMX devices you have if you can provide the channel assignments. Spaghetti is on sale for $19.99 so might be something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    Can all versions of ld2K run DMX lighting? I am thiking of picking up a couple of intelligent lights and using my QM to run them for Halloween this year since I don't use lasers around the trick-or-treaters. I was wondering if LD2K Intro can run DMX lighting or if I would need a higher version of my LD software. If I need a higher version, I think I will just get an Enttec or something. The Pangolin website has always been slightly difficult to navigate and it doesn't provide much information.
    Yes all versions of the LD2k can run dmx lighting.
    look in the Showtime effects
    also you did get the DMX cable with the QM right?
    Last edited by masterpj; 06-08-2011 at 17:10.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Spaghetti will control of DMX devices. You just add them to the timeline like anything else. I can add support for the Entec and any DMX devices you have if you can provide the channel assignments. Spaghetti is on sale for $19.99 so might be something to consider.
    Thanks for the advice, Gary. I currently only own a QM and FB3, last I understood, you didn't support Pango hardware. Although, if I do end up getting a usb DMX controller, I will certainly consider your software. Because a laptop might be a little more ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj
    Yes, sir. I have it. Thanks for the advice. I don't want to fry my QM!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    Yes all versions of the LD2k can run dmx lighting.
    look in the Showtime effects

1 thing got told to me:
    USE A ANALOG DMX SPLITTER AND DON'T HOOK DMX STUFF DIRECTLY TO THE QM2k
    YOUR QM WILL LITERALLY CATCH FIRE IF YOU DON'T!
    So i've heard, don't risk it and buy an analog dmx splitter.
    Dude, that's a pretty big claim of a serious safety hazard!!
    Was your source able to provide specific details?

I think if that was a known / recurring issue it would have been addressed by Pangolin quite openly!!

You might want to be able to back up the claim with some details before posting something like that here...
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Dude, that's a pretty big claim of a serious safety hazard!!
    Was your source able to provide specific details?

I think if that was a known / recurring issue it would have been addressed by Pangolin quite openly!!

You might want to be able to back up the claim with some details before posting something like that here...

I heard this from bob, bob works very close with pangolin so a very reliable source indeed.
    it's not an issue though I think it's required.
    I'll ask bob some more details about this tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    ...I currently only own a QM and FB3...
    Don't forget that the FB3 / QuickShow 2 combination also supports DMX output, using an Enttec DMX USB Pro interface.

And for the record, never heard of one of them catching fire, either!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Don't forget that the FB3 / QuickShow 2 combination also supports DMX output, using an Enttec DMX USB Pro interface.

And for the record, never heard of one of them catching fire, either!!
    It might be false or rare, but since i heard about it from bob i rather stay carefull.
    I will ask bill in the morning since it sounds serious, it might have been faulty dmx hardware that caused it for bob.

If I have proper verification that this should not happen then I will remove the post above.
    in the meantime I'll edit it to a more soft warning

I heard this from bob, bob works very close with pangolin so a very reliable source indeed.
    it's not an issue though I think it's required.
    I'll ask bob some more details about this tomorrow.
    Since the stement was made in such bold letters, posting some follow-up details would be a VERY good idea!
    I imagine whatever occured was a freaky "one of" event, that probably should NOT be applied as a general statement towards the QM2K!

I never experienced any such issues using DMX fixtures connected directly to my QM2K, and I never heard of any similar issues from any of the other SELEM attendees that used DMX with their QM2K, either...
    RR

Sweet.....

It might be false or rare, but since i heard about it from bob i rather stay carefull.
    I will ask bill in the morning since it sounds serious, it might have been faulty dmx hardware that caused it for bob.

If I have proper verification that this should not happen then I will remove the post above.
    in the meantime I'll edit it to a more soft warning
    That would be good....
    RR

Sweet.....