Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB - 405nm Single Frequency Laser

Default WTB - 405nm Single Frequency Laser

Title says it all. Need is immediate.

Question

Not sure the title says it all; I am sure most of us ahve a 405 sitting around somewhere. I actuallly robbed both ofmine fore the die4drives...

Do you need TTL, analog; do you need a driver at all? high power, low power? I think I have a 4x and 6x diode (can't see from where I am sitting), plus one in a hand held that think is a 4x. What do you need exactly; I am sure you'll find it for close to shipping alone... well, drivers seem to be at a premium right now.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Looking to make holograms with it, so I need the single longitudinal mode in a turn-key system. No modulation needed. 40mW will probably be the upper limit in power.

Question

Forgive my ignorance; will one of the Blu-ray diodes work? I assume they are single longitudinal.

Bob

Contact Ben Stiegerwald (Laser Ben). I'm sure he had some low power (~10mW) Coherent SLM blues for sale, not sure if they were 405nm though, I seem to remember they may have been 435nm (or something close ).

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Bob

Contact Ben Stiegerwald (Laser Ben). I'm sure he had some low power (~10mW) Coherent SLM blues for sale, not sure if they were 405nm though, I seem to remember they may have been 435nm (or something close ).

Cheers

Jem

No DON'T!!!!!!
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Hey Smog, ever find those cables you were going to send to me?

NO Robert, The guy just didn't get back to me. I have emailed him several times but to no avail.
    Sorry Robert, I did try.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Hey Bob,

I have a bunch of lasers which would likely work for this, some I know would. Give me a call tomorrow or whenever you get a chance.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    NO Robert, The guy just didn't get back to me. I have emailed him several times but to no avail.
    Sorry Robert, I did try.

Yeah...Sure does look like he tried, doesn't it?
    Last edited by Laser Ben; 06-30-2010 at 07:52.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)