Thread: MambaBlack output settings

Default MambaBlack output settings

Hi,

How do I set next parameters in Mamba Black, to get nice pictures on a 24K scanner?

-Corner repeat
    -Repeat first point
    -Repeat last point
    -Shift
    -Extra blanks
    -Interpolation distance

Thanks,

whiteg

Hi,

In the "Settings" menu, you have a configuration menu (I don't remember which, but there isn't a lot to try).
    Then, you have all these settings. By default, some parameters are "automatic", but if you uncheck, you can adjust all of these manually.

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Hi,

In the "Settings" menu, you have a configuration menu (I don't remember which, but there isn't a lot to try).
    Then, you have all these settings. By default, some parameters are "automatic", but if you uncheck, you can adjust all of these manually.
    Hi,

I know where can I do it, but I would like to know which values are the best for a nice graphic result?

Whiteg

I heared opinion that Mamba via LPT has better time-domain-coherent-better quality output, despite lower bit depth (8, instead of 12 for USB DACs). This actually may be related to slightly chaotic timing via USB. Does Mamba cache frames in USB Box or just does flush the poins out ?
    Piotr.K

Quote Originally Posted by whiteg View Post
    Hi,

I know where can I do it, but I would like to know which values are the best for a nice graphic result?

Whiteg
    Sorry I misunderstood -)

I let them on automatic, it seems to give me the best results (because settings can vary between the differents frames).
    Also, the shift was set to 1 if I remember. But it depends on your scanners and lasers. So you'll have to display a test pattern (ILDA pattern for example), and see the best result...