Thread: Dr Lava's lens setup....

Default Dr Lava's lens setup....

Is it just me or am I having a bad time with these lenses? I must admit that I have cobbled some things in a quick test setup...even resorting to micro positioners to hold them...but I can in no way get a decent near field spot under 6mm or better if you count the fringe ring impingements. What collimator was used in initial testing?? Roitner, O-like, Aixiz???? I can not get any cooperation from these....at least near to where the beam won't miss the scanners.....??????? Ready to give up on this project.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Default Mmmmmm ???

I am waiting for my lenses from the Doctor....But....I was under the impression that DETAIL information would be included on EXACT positioning. To me...." Detailed " means a few basic dimensioned CAD drawings....like side elevation. plan view, Etc !!!!
    What information was included with the lenses ?????
    In closing....Mike....if YOU are having problems.....with your knowledge and tallents....MMMMMMMM ?????? I am....concerned.

CDBEAM(Bob)

Quote Originally Posted by MechEng3 View Post
    Is it just me or am I having a bad time with these lenses? I must admit that I have cobbled some things in a quick test setup...even resorting to micro positioners to hold them...but I can in no way get a decent near field spot under 6mm or better if you count the fringe ring impingements. What collimator was used in initial testing?? Roitner, O-like, Aixiz???? I can not get any cooperation from these....at least near to where the beam won't miss the scanners.....??????? Ready to give up on this project.
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

Hi, just happened to see this (no PM to me) for a small nearfield spot use the 4mm FL 405-g-2 lens from laser66 (or an equivalent 4mm fl.) If you use the aixiz with these the nearfield spot will be twice as large and you'll get the clipping loss that is inherent on those on the fast axis.

Talking

Hey no worries...I have come off a terrible week and wanted to get some relaxing laser time in....turned out a fair bit differently than planned. Oh well .... business as usual for me...sorry for the boisterous forthcoming...I had just exhausted everything with exception of going all the way back to the beginning with the problematic search routine. The CEO of the company I work for has health issues and ... well it can add to stress thinking about the outcome of things. Now I know I need a very good primary collimator. I have a few things from Thorlabs I will try out.....if no positive results I will get with Laser66 and see what he has to offer. Sorry again for the turmoil and upheaval.....I just had not seen the requirements of the collimator in the parts list....
    CDbeam....no worries to get a really tight , round spot from these.....even with the near field big as all day.......it had a "better than DPSS spot" at most any distance more than 2 meters.....so I would have to give a solid "thumb's up" on these lenses.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Default Great....time to mill aluminum

OK then....I am ready to crank the handles on my vertical mill !!!! I allready have a 4mm FL collaminator lens from Larry DFW.....Not that prisms do a bad job.....just want a more round farfield geometry !!! Hopefully....these lenses will more closely approach a round dot @ 10 ~ 15 meters......not that I will normally be projecting that far....but when I need to...the 445 line will be tight !!

CDBEAM !!!
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !