Thread: Combining possible ??

Default Combining possible ??

Hi again from Kiwi land....
    (next door to that little island called Australia)

Next dumb question from me..
    As I research my project with some good advice from forum members, it becomes clear that having some green beam (fans etc) is a good idea in addition to an RGB system. It doesn't take long with DPSS to realise that you hit a price/technology wall.. (read as, it gets way expensive over 1 watt). Then I thought well, as they combine RGB into one white beam maybe you can 'combine' several greens into one more powerful beam. If that is possible you could 'build up' a reasonable size device by using for example three 500mw DPSS's or similar.
    However I know deep down there has to be a problem with this theory it seems too simple so I thought I would ask.

If this has already been dealt with can someone please point me to the thread.

Question two.. do you need high quality (like Cambridge etc) high speed galvos for beams, fans, tunnels etc ? The green beams would not be part of the RGB projector.

Thanks guys,
    Ray
    NZ

Quote Originally Posted by Pitts View Post
    maybe you can 'combine' several greens into one more powerful beam. If that is possible you could 'build up' a reasonable size device by using for example three 500mw DPSS's or similar
    You could easily combine 2 beams using a polarized beam splitting cube with no change to beam characteristics, so long as both lasers are quite highly polarized. Combining more than 2 is possible but it's more involved, and you'll also increase the beam diameter unless you spend loads on optics.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitts View Post
    do you need high quality (like Cambridge etc) high speed galvos for beams, fans, tunnels etc
    You only need minimal speed scanners for simple aerial shows, even open loop will look fine... but if you ever want to project some more complicated beam shows, text, logos or gfx - the slower scanners will disappoint. There are some very good 20-30k+ pps scanners on the market for a fraction of the cost of Cambridge and with very minimal drawbacks for the price difference, IMHO.

HTH.

Pit. (not Pitts )
    A little bit werrrr, a little bit weyyyyyy, a little bit arrrrgggghhh

Widemoves, or M9024's are a obvious choice for beam show work, as the scan angle is so damm wide
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/