Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dell Sponsored Holography Video

Default Dell Sponsored Holography Video

http://www.motherboard.tv/2010/8/17/...t-holographers

It was on slashdot, there is a lot of really uninteresting footage of things unrelated to lasers, but a few interesting shots and video of some really unique holograms. Good for killing time at work and the likes

Great piece on a respected and classic resident of Holotown!

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Interesting guy.
    Anybody with a passion for their subject always comes across well.

And I'm surprised that there's a holography thread and Jem hasn't piped up yet.

I think Ed Wesley, myself and Jem are the only citizens of Holotown posting regularly on the laser related forums. Well, I'm currently off LPF because of ONE particular peckerhead "moderator" over there.

Mr. 10K+ Poster. Powertrippin' putz. But I digress ........

Dave Battin's around too, and a bunch are lurking because we love that laser light soooooooo much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    And I'm surprised that there's a holography thread and Jem hasn't piped up yet.
    ... I'm Here . Still trying to catch up on posts following my recent holiday.

That is such a cool video, obviously an incredibly talented individual, but at the same time it has a touch of sadness.

Anyone interested in making holograms has such a passion for the subject that it's difficult to understand why others don't feel the same way.

Most folks look at a hologram and say "wow, that's cool", but that's it. Their enthusiasm and fascination for the subject lasts maybe a few minutes. For the holographer that passion is never ending. Everytime I see a hologram it's like the first time i've ever seen one. I feel the guys pain...

Cheers

Jem
    Last edited by Jem; 08-19-2010 at 01:46.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hey all, I just joined this forum... and I'd just like to say

I totally agree with Jem! and I'm so pleased to hear someone else say it!

I've only been making holograms for a short while, but i'm totally hooked on it. I quickly found there are 2 types of audience. one type who marvel at the 3d scene and look closely to try and figure it out. and one type who take one glance and say 'hmm.. thats nice'.... 'hmm thats nice'? its a hologram! its awesome!!

When i made my first hologram I honestly couldn't understand why nobody else was jumping up and down with excitement.

Anywho... i'll watch this vid when I have audio, it looks interesting.

Cheers for now.

Laker.

Hi Laker

... and welcome to Photonlexicon, it's nice to have another holographer around .

It would be great if you could fill in the location section of your profile and give us a clue as to whereabouts in the world you are.

My passion for lasers extends well beyond holography as does most of the other holographers here. That's why I, and the other holographers here, tend to be a member of a few different forums relating to serious laser interest.

Have you visited the holography forum yet (http://www.holographyforum.org) or the Ning at (http://holography.ning.com)?

Anyway, it's nice to have you around and we look forward to your contributions

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hi All,

So! I filled in my location and other details, and then thought I'd take a look to see where in the world other fellow holographers are from. Jem - I took a look at your profile and was shocked. There is another person in Yorkshire who makes holograms! I though everyone would be from the states (it felt like a scene from the x-men - there are others!). (Also, strangely, we both work in the field of ophthalmology!)

Amazing! can I ask which part of yorkshire you reside?

Thanks for those links by the way, I'll definitely be joining up to the holography forum, i wasn't sure what the holography.ning is...?

Cheers and I look forward to being a part of this.

Hi Laker

PM sent.

Jem

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    ...it felt like a scene from the x-men - there are others!.....
    It's amazing what you find on t'internet.