Thread: Lumia wheel speed?

Default Lumia wheel speed?

What is a good speed (rpm) for one of these? I need to buy a motor that will work. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    What is a good speed (rpm) for one of these? I need to buy a motor that will work. Thanks.
    Hankscraft .5 RPM is nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hankscraft-DC-mo...QQcmdZViewItem

I know the guy, he is a very reliable seller, though not always very responsive to emails.

David

Thanks. I snagged one of them.

Thanks for the link!! Looking at his for sale items was more looking through a old photo album. Brings back my planetarium days!

Thanks

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Thanks for the link!! Looking at his for sale items was more looking through a old photo album. Brings back my planetarium days!

Thanks
    Ha! That it does, how many auctions on ebay can you find that have an entire planetarium dome in a box for sale or an MS-10 for that matter. He's a neat guy to work with too, I did some contract work for him many years ago and it was great fun tearing a theater apart and putting it all back together again. So what theater did you work at?

David

Gates Planetarium, Denver, CO
    I Started volunteering when I was 14 ( I am 34 now, ugh) and was a staff guy for two years. Gates is responsible for my laser addiction

A couple of years ago they totally gutted Gates and rebuilt it from ground up, totally state of the art. It turned out very well. Any way I could have had the dome if I took it down and also the Minolta. My problem was I didn't have a place to store it. I always wanted to build a night club with that stuff.. I did get the telsa from the zap show

Chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Gates Planetarium, Denver, CO
    I Started volunteering when I was 14 ( I am 34 now, ugh) and was a staff guy for two years. Gates is responsible for my laser addiction

A couple of years ago they totally gutted Gates and rebuilt it from ground up, totally state of the art. It turned out very well. Any way I could have had the dome if I took it down and also the Minolta. My problem was I didn't have a place to store it. I always wanted to build a night club with that stuff.. I did get the telsa from the zap show

Chad
    Ha! Just like the late Alexander Breast (Planetarium) is responsible for my addiction. I started there when I was 16, now I'll be 30 in a day, where has the time gone... Best job I've ever had, just didn't pay anything. Sadly, the theater now needs a complete overhaul as it has been just run into the ground. And there seems to be no interest on the part of the museum to do anything about it, except patch work. Last I heard they ran for some time with no southern hemisphere stars and now aparently no bright stars. Shame really, its a great instrument, just not very well cared for. Good job getting the tesla coil! I would have drove from florida to pickup the minolta had I known, wife wouldn't have been happy, but it would have looked great in my garage I think!

David

Quote Originally Posted by DZurcher View Post
    Ha! Just like the late Alexander Breast (Planetarium) is responsible for my addiction. I started there when I was 16, now I'll be 30 in a day, where has the time gone...
    David

Happy Birthday
    I`ll be the big 50 tomorrow.
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Quote Originally Posted by Astroguy View Post
    Happy Birthday
    I`ll be the big 50 tomorrow.
    Heh, Dont remind me... I just turned that a few weeks ago
    Man, Its so hard to believe I made it this far
    And, Where did all the time go ? EEK

Happy birthday guys Rock on
    Last edited by marconi; 04-25-2007 at 11:19.
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Quote Originally Posted by marconi View Post
    He, Dint remind me... I just turned that a few weeks ago
    Man, Its so hard to believe I made it this far
    And, Where did all the time go ? EEK

Happy birthday guys Rock on

Thanks and a happy one to you as well.

Maybe under our names it should say old fart instead of senior member
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"