Thread: LASER Not wide enough

Talking LASER Not wide enough

Hi is there a way to make my laser Machines beam go wider.

Hmmm... Do you mean the actual beam, as in divergence?

Or

Do you mean the scan angle?

I'm guessing that you mean the scan angle, maybe some widemove scanners may be an option.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Hmmm... Do you mean the actual beam, as in divergence?

Or

Do you mean the scan angle?

I'm guessing that you mean the scan angle, maybe some widemove scanners may be an option.

Jem
    yes scan angle so i need wider mirrors yes

Quote Originally Posted by tony220171 View Post
    yes scan angle so i need wider mirrors yes
    No.

It's the actual capability of the scanner to be able to scan at a much wider angle than most 'normal' scanners. Take a look at this link...

http://www.laservisuals.com/LV9024.htm

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

No.

It's the actual capability of the scanner to be able to scan at a much wider angle than most 'normal' scanners. Take a look at this link...

Cheers

Jem
    cheers great thanx
    Photonlexicon FTP Server.

No.

Cheers

Jem

But mine is 30kpps is this good |??????

On this occasion the speed of the scanner is irrelevant. Well, that's not exactly true but...

What you want is to be able to improve the scan angle from something quite small (such as with ordinary scanners) to nearer 180 degrees, and for that you need specially designed wide angle scanners. These are err.. *specially designed* for scanning very widely. Try this with an ordinary scanner set and you would just burn them out. That's assuming of course you could get them to scan that wide in the first place

Jem

Default Software?

Quote Originally Posted by andyf97 View Post
    Or you could use the Pangolin Disco scan with most scanners.
    Is that software? there are so many softwares out there which is better for me

Quote Originally Posted by tony220171 View Post
    Is that software? there are so many softwares out there which is better for me
    No its a lens system, see here for details http://www.pangolin.com/wideangle/index.htm