Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laserwave 300mW arrived!

Talking Laserwave 300mW arrived!

Hi all

I've been having problems with my 300mW Lasever laser switching modes (TEM00/TEM01). So, I decided to order another green laser so that I would be able to continue to use my projector whilst my green Lasever laser is being repaired under warranty.

I had heard so many good reports about Laserwave lasers and how Bridge was so good to deal with that I thought I would order a 300mW unit from them.

I have to say that all my dealings with Bridge have been excellent, he always answers PM's very quickly and is always anxious to please. I transferred the money and within a few days had the laser in my hands... Fantastic service .

The laser comes all ready wired up and with very good instructions. It's simply a case of setting the mode of operation (either CW, TTL or analogue) by a couple of switches and plugging in the laser to a suitable power supply. The overall build quality of the laser is excellent, everything has a very robust feel to it.

The beam profile is excellent as is the divergence. I measured the power using a Coherent Lasercheck and it's putting out well above the rated specification of 300mW (and I mean WELL above ).

I'm very pleased with the service AND the laser and can highly recommend LASERWAVE.

My Lasever will be sent back for a repair under warranty during the next week or so (once i've stripped it out of my projector). On its return I intend to have a go at building a laserharp using Shobley's plans... That should be fun ;-)

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Oooohhh.. A laser harp at the next meet.
    That would be nice.
    In fact, it's getting harder to decide who has the tastiest equipment, you or Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    Oooohhh.. A laser harp at the next meet.
    That would be nice.
    In fact, it's getting harder to decide who has the tastiest equipment, you or Rob.
    Easy decision... Rob wins hands down, a big gas laser will always take the day. Plus the fact that Rob has a brain the size of a planet...

As for the laser harp, i've always fancied having a go at one of these. The problem was I could only ever find information on ones with beam termination sensors. That didn't appeal to me as I wanted one with no beam termination . Shobley's harp fits that criteria, so providing I can pursuade Craig (Wiring Monkey) to do all the electrickery bits we're in business

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

look forward to see this jem
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Easy decision... Rob wins hands down, a big gas laser will always take the day. Plus the fact that Rob has a brain the size of a planet...
    I think you ought to know im feeling very depressed.
    Im sure its not that big but thanks mate.
    You know my thoughts on the LW modules and im sure it will serve you well - if the instructions are in good(ish) english begining with the safety section then thats the set of instructions I wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    As for the laser harp, i've always fancied having a go at one of these. The problem was I could only ever find information on ones with beam termination sensors. That didn't appeal to me as I wanted one with no beam termination . Shobley's harp fits that criteria, so providing I can pursuade Craig (Wiring Monkey) to do all the electrickery bits we're in business
    Pardon me for breathing, which I never do any way so I don't know why I bother to say it, oh God, I'm so depressed. Jem dunno what facilities you and wm have over them hills there but if you need any electronics doing or circuit boards knocking up let me know. Do you want me to sit in the corner and rust, or just fall apart where I'm standing?

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

and while im convalecing that post has just inspired me to go dig out a certain BBC video....I better be careful dont wanna bust my stiches

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Thanks Rob

It could be a while before we get around to it. Craig's currently cycling up mountains in Mallorca and i've got a couple of holidays to get in. Plus my Lasever green has to go back to China, but I figure there's no hurry.

Take it easy with those videos & don't bust your stiches, remember there's lots more on the inside that you can't see.

Cheers

Jem

Talking

Happy Birthday Jem!!!
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Happy Birthday Jem!!!
    Why, thank you kind sir

I had forgotten i'd even entered my D.O.B... and it shows my age

Still, i'm only as old as I feel and that's err...

We had a small party last night and drunk 13 bottles of nice red between 13 of us, but 3 weren't drinking at all !!, i've been a bit fragile today and we've had family & friends popping in and out all day, the last of them has just left so I think an early night is in order.

Cheers

Jem

I had heard so many good reports about Laserwave lasers and how Bridge was so good to deal with that I thought I would order a 300mW unit from them.

I have to say that all my dealings with Bridge have been excellent, he always answers PM's very quickly and is always anxious to please. I transferred the money and within a few days had the laser in my hands... Fantastic service .

The laser comes all ready wired up and with very good instructions. It's simply a case of setting the mode of operation (either CW, TTL or analogue) by a couple of switches and plugging in the laser to a suitable power supply. The overall build quality of the laser is excellent, everything has a very robust feel to it.
    My experience with him exactly too.. I love my 473 LaserWave Bluey