Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QM2000.net is here !

Default QM2000.net is here !

Oh yeah, thought it would never happen, but finally after having had a financially rough and totally UNCOOL year with lots of uncertainties @ work, i have finally ordered an QM2000.net INTRO.
    With outlook of the new Beyond software available for free for anyone who buys a QM2000 or QM2000.net card before the 16th , the ability to play shows over Ethernet and the vast amounts of shows available for study to create my own stuff, i finally decided to put my hardearned money towards this cool box.

Cool thing is i ordered this thursday @ pangolin and they gave a Fed Ex tracing number where it was announced that it would be there today 12 o'clock sharp.
    I thought, yeah right, box has to travel 6000kms and will be here at noon exactly.
    11.59 AM doorbell rings, FedEx, package for you sir !

Oh lord, this is good ! I am happy, especially communications with pangolin was a breeze, it was arranged in a matter of a few emails back and forth, payment via paypal and whoops on my way !

Yeah. YEAH !
    Cool thing is when new collegues joined my team the management was there to welcome them into my team and i talked with a nice lady doing all communications, talked about my hobbies and ofcourse landed the discussion at my laserhobby.
    Which she thought was cool , so i might be featuring the "Man behind ... " article which will be submitted to a lot of collegues here in Europe.
    In this articles they look at (interesting?) employees and their hobbies, always very cool stuff to read. Hope i can make an interesting article about the laserhobby as well.
    Plus they know i have this, so since this is the 100th anniversary year of IBM i hope i can do a show in the future for my collegues. Now THAT would be cool.
    This new box i received today will certain help in that.
    Last edited by hobbybob; 06-20-2011 at 05:09.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Mega dude! Congrats.

Nice one with the article - I hope it happens for ya

Now that leaves you 12 days to get to grips with Showtime, and churn out a 40 minute laser symphony for the UKLEM
    (just kidding Dimmers!!)
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Brilliant Dimitri

Are you bringing it along to the ShowLEM in your hand luggage?

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Congratulations!Now i.m really excited to get you that big red.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    Plus they know i have this, so since this is the 100th anniversary year of IBM i hope i can do a show in the future for my collegues.
    IBM, eh? That's a neat little company to work for.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    IBM, eh? That's a neat little company to work for.
    It's neat indeed, but not little hahaha....
    You affiliated with IBM in some way ?
    I didn't fail !

It's neat indeed, but not little hahaha....
    You affiliated with IBM in some way ?
    Been with them for 14 years now. I'm a hardware guy and maintain mainframes, pSeries, iSeries and storage. It keeps me busy! You?

Excellent dude ! I am team leader on a tradefloor, my team delivers first line support (application/technical/workstation/Blackberries) for 500 traders on one of Europes largest trading floors located in Amsterdam. We have to get used to the company a bit (real American) but it's nice work, cool people and they have like nice seminars after work which aren't boring, but really interesting. In fact i will attend one tomorrow, it's about how IBM sees the future and they do that by looking back. What has changed in the last 100 years, and what will be the future.That's interesting ! (At least i think). Send me a PM with your name, then i can look you up (or add you in Lotus Chat stuff thingy).
    I didn't fail !

Excellent dude ! I am team leader on a tradefloor, my team delivers first line support (application/technical/workstation/Blackberries) for 500 traders on one of Europes largest trading floors located in Amsterdam. We have to get used to the company a bit (real American) but it's nice work, cool people and they have like nice seminars after work which aren't boring, but really interesting. In fact i will attend one tomorrow, it's about how IBM sees the future and they do that by looking back. What has changed in the last 100 years, and what will be the future.That's interesting ! (At least i think). Send me a PM with your name, then i can look you up (or add you in Lotus Chat stuff thingy).
    Very cool, nice to meet a fellow IBMer on PL! And congrats on getting the QM2K!

<br><br><br><br>Excellent dude ! My team delivers first line support for 500 traders on one of Europes largest trading floors located in Amsterdam. We have to get used to the company a bit (real American) but it's nice work, cool people and they have like nice seminars after work which aren't boring, but really interesting. In fact i will attend one tomorrow, it's about how IBM sees the future and they do that by looking back. What has changed in the last 100 years, and what will be the future.That's interesting ! (At least i think).
    I didn't fail !