Page 159 of 186 FirstFirst ... 149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1855

Thread: Post your interesting eBay finds...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post
    Does that even qualify as SPAM? Or is this what you get when a finite number of monkeys type on a finite amount of typewriters for a finite amount of time...?
    it's spam. probably a spambot doing some test postings before flooding the forum with adverts for wigs or dong pills.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

On the CTs what do you guys think about his suggestion of gluing new mirrors over the CO2 gold ones??[/QUOTE]

It suggests he does not know what he's doing with galvos.
    The more mirror inertia you have, the slower you scan.
    You can remove the "industrial" mirror mounts and substitue proper fast mirrors, but you need a friend with a lathe or mill to make you the mirror mounts.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

THANKS SIR ROBERTS-- that makes sense--

IMHo $$ would be wiser spent on scannerMAX 506
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-
    Powered by Pangolin
    Former (2.5 yrs) ILDA Member- :-(
    uncertified ILDA LSO -- dont ask

this was just posted over on LPF, thought i would share it with those of you who havent seen it. Finally a brighter blue direct diode. I am assuming Nichias goal was/is to make a diode replacement for DPSS 457, but who knows. Of course, they are multimode, and divergence is nearly on par with the newer 3.5W 445's. I imagine we will see these in higher powers soon, and hopefully with less crapworthy divergence (or a multiwatt single mode- we can wish, I guess )

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy View Post
    this was just posted over on LPF, thought i would share it with those of you who havent seen it. Finally a brighter blue direct diode. I am assuming Nichias goal was/is to make a diode replacement for DPSS 457, but who knows. Of course, they are multimode, and divergence is nearly on par with the newer 3.5W 445's. I imagine we will see these in higher powers soon, and hopefully with less crapworthy divergence (or a multiwatt single mode- we can wish, I guess )
    Damn, I do want some 470nm in my projector. That will be bookmarked for now But as you said newer versions will come and prices will drop

-Hybrid
    1x - 2W RGB DT40Pro (Currently building)
    1x - 1W RGB PT25K
    ------------------------------------
    EtherDream, LaserShowExpress, Ipad (TouchOSC)
    -Hybridz0rz

Yea- i am especially excited to see they are 200$ to START. And, techhood always seems to get stuff first (i think gypsy magic is in play), and his prices are always high to start- for example, the 1W 520's that started at 1K$ are now 700$. I wouldn't be half surprised if these become the, if you will, the "new" 445's.

Guess we just wait until somebody daring enough to experiment with it abit Although that diode is tempting im allready starting to get low on cash due to my current build ;P

-Hybrid
    1x - 2W RGB DT40Pro (Currently building)
    1x - 1W RGB PT25K
    ------------------------------------
    EtherDream, LaserShowExpress, Ipad (TouchOSC)
    -Hybridz0rz

If DTR hasnt seen it already, he will soon, and im sure he will pick one up and do his usual testing on it.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Dayum... If these are even remotely decent. I'm taking the plunge. Even with spatial filters and optics if you end up with a clean 500mW for $200 (plus sundries) at that wavelength, I'm all in.