Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I want I want I want

Default I want I want I want

Kevski sent me this link the other day - this is a serious bit of kit and look at the dimensions!
    400W of 1064nm luuuuurvly...

http://www.laser-zentrum-hannover.de...oebox_size.php

anyone know anymore about this?

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Wow thats so simple (looking) its in itself a work of art!

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Surely 1064nm wouldn't be visible.
    So you couldn't do a laser show.

Is this to do with your dream of becoming Runcorns first Laser Ninja?
    Able to slice foes in half with your invisible Ninja Laser?

hehehe I can already do that

Yes indeed 1064 is invisible but even at only 50% effeciency that would make a lot of green!
    I guess the technology could be used to make 946nm & 1342nm too. BIG red green and blue lasers
    I am guessing theough that the limitation here is in the second harmonic generation.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Whoa.

Default Ih you can stand for QCW this 1/2kw stack laser diodes are showing up on ebay

In the past several months I have seen at least 3 1 kilowatt water cooled 808nm laser diode stacks they are available all the time in QCW versions.

I have just bought several so called novel yag rods their are some on ebay now that use total internal reflection much much more efficient than regular YAG rods.

But Yes something like this and my 20mm lbo oven could make such sweet green love together!

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    Kevski sent me this link the other day - this is a serious bit of kit and look at the dimensions!
    400W of 1064nm luuuuurvly...

http://www.laser-zentrum-hannover.de...oebox_size.php

anyone know anymore about this?

Rob
    clicking on my avatar will show the tricolor photocoagulator resonator cavity from a Lumenis Varia eye surgery medical laser, which i am attempting to refit. It originally was designed to produce 50-1500mw of 532 / 50-600mw of 659nm / 50-600mw of 561nm (Yellow)
    Clicking on my Avatar will show a picture of the inside of this cavity with a 1cm bar diode in the first of 3 OEM postions & KTP holder.
    Caviar Dreams on pennies, well lots of pennies.

20mm LBO - off topic, but where did you score that?

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    off topic,
    Max - I dont think so!
    I wanna know too

Rob

Default LBO shows up on ebay periodically, however most cut for 3rd harmonic or 4th generat

When you see something that says type 2 20MM second harmonic generation oven for $75 thats worth $5000+ buy it ASAP

Actual had very nice experience, I called Continuum Lasers Inc. maker of the diamond in rough I found and talked factory tech on rotating duty turns out he lives 15 miles from me and offered to drop by my home , how cool is that. He said that it was the front hang on the front of a Q-switched YAG LBO oven for an airport warning no fly zone beacon, he said very cool find said all it needs is 24vdc and has internal heat regulator. but it needs a nice tightly focused intense 1064nm source. He said a little 50 mw 1064 laser pen tester would produce 532nm at its lower threshold.

I bought an old spectra millenia 1064nm dual fiber pumped laser cavity to pump it with but have been waiting and waiting and waiting for the specially connectorised no longer commonly available laser diodes to pump it.( Talked to supplier this evening and he claimed he would send? )

If I am lucky 40-80 watts of 808nm will be converted in 4x4x7mm YVO4 to 1064nm at 5 to maybe up to 20 odd watts, and after focusing that properly I might get 30-40% conversion to 532nm. It won't hopefully weigh as much as a laserscope and MIGHT produce 5-10 watts of 532nm. Thats about what a similar spectra millenia 532nm produces.

Now if thats IF I can get a real diode pumped 3x65mm yag or one of my total internal reflection yag rods going q switched who ya! maybe I will get into into laserscope territory, well with 50 watts or greater YAG laser.
    clicking on my avatar will show the tricolor photocoagulator resonator cavity from a Lumenis Varia eye surgery medical laser, which i am attempting to refit. It originally was designed to produce 50-1500mw of 532 / 50-600mw of 659nm / 50-600mw of 561nm (Yellow)
    Clicking on my Avatar will show a picture of the inside of this cavity with a 1cm bar diode in the first of 3 OEM postions & KTP holder.
    Caviar Dreams on pennies, well lots of pennies.

Rob, you were the one thats has been looking for crystals forever right?