Thread: How do you create shows like this??

Default How do you create shows like this??

as title, there so so gud, but how??

http://www.laseranimation.com/show/fr_lpv_e.html
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Created by talented artists who can not only draw but can take into consideration the limitations of making animated cartoons on laser projectors, I suppose.

pffffffffffff its depressing how gud they are
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Practice lots! You could try using a graphics tablet so its more like drawing with a pencil. Would need to be quite a big one though.

pffff i need te software to, the pangolin one is not up to it
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    pffff i need te software to, the pangolin one is not up to it
    LOL!! If you come to a PL event, I will show you plenty of great Pangolin shows. While there is certainly no accounting for taste, I submit a datapoint for your approval: Pangolin users are consistently the most ILDA Award winningest of laser software users anywhere.

Take a look at this page, and the videos:http://www.pangolin.com/industry/ild...ing_videos.htm

The video shows some of the graphic shows submitted for a Pangolin Prize in 2001. Some of these also went on to win ILDA Awards. Through special arrangements made with the laser artists afterwards, we include "Dead Man's Party", "Rhapsody in Balloon" and "This Kiss" with our LD2000 software.

Anyway, to add to what Lampy said, I would say there are two ways to produce amazing laser graphic shows. The first way was stated by Lampy -- become a very talented laser artist after lots of practice and imagination. This is semi-obvious. What might not be immediately obvious is a second possible way -- "convert" from other media. For example, create shows using 3D Studio MAX or Macromedia FLASH and convert them into laser using one of our conversion tools. In recent years, two-out-of-three ILDA Award submissions were made with 3D Studio MAX and converted with our Lasershow Converter MAX plug-in.

We released our converter for 3D Studio MAX in 2001, and in the video you can see the shows "Pop", "Warp drive in" and "Kryptonite" (the one with the buildings) were done using 3D Studio MAX and our Lasershow Converter MAX plug-in.

Best regards,

William Benner

"the pangolin one is not up to it"

pffffffffff

Andy
    I think you need to qualify a statement like that , its very wide ranging all encompassing statement that seems pretty unfair. I am pretty sure you will find pangolin proucts can and will do everything you could ever dream of and more ........but you might have to upgrade your version .

The LAFREAK package remember is NOT an official product yet , we are all beta testers and i am sure the feedback we give will be addressed in the final release so please go into more detail about how "its not upto it " bearing in mind its a budget hoby product at increible price considering its includes a rock Solid Dac & lots of software to fiddle with.

The LA package is a budget way into pangolin products , like many software options its an upgrade path ... you have a pretty damn good package for the money if you really need extra features , get yer wallet oot !

I understand you have a few dacs there now , it would be interesting for all of us if you ran a thread "battle of the dacs" type thing since you have opportunity to compare a few

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    LOL!! If you come to a PL event, I will show you plenty of great Pangolin shows. While there is certainly no accounting for taste, I submit a datapoint for your approval: Pangolin users are consistently the most ILDA Award winningest of laser software users anywhere.

Take a look at this page, and the videos:http://www.pangolin.com/industry/ild...ing_videos.htm

The video shows some of the graphic shows submitted for a Pangolin Prize in 2001. Some of these also went on to win ILDA Awards. Through special arrangements made with the laser artists afterwards, we include "Dead Man's Party", "Rhapsody in Balloon" and "This Kiss" with our LD2000 software.

Anyway, to add to what Lampy said, I would say there are two ways to produce amazing laser graphic shows. The first way was stated by Lampy -- become a very talented laser artist after lots of practice and imagination. This is semi-obvious. What might not be immediately obvious is a second possible way -- "convert" from other media. For example, create shows using 3D Studio MAX or Macromedia FLASH and convert them into laser using one of our conversion tools. In recent years, two-out-of-three ILDA Award submissions were made with 3D Studio MAX and converted with our Lasershow Converter MAX plug-in.

We released our converter for 3D Studio MAX in 2001, and in the video you can see the shows "Pop", "Warp drive in" and "Kryptonite" (the one with the buildings) were done using 3D Studio MAX and our Lasershow Converter MAX plug-in.

Best regards,

William Benner
    sorry, as paul said that was a bad statement.

pangolin can do everything and its great bit of kit. but the software provided seems a little lacking for drawing animations. although i am still learning and am just aobut to start with draw 3D, which does looks very good

Bill how do i get a copy of "trace it" or the pangolin trace software is, i believe its free for FB3 users??

many thanks
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

What a stupid page "#%&#¤&#¤&
    That stupid "custom" ActiveX control just frezee my computer when I try to se the show .
    (have a 3ghz, 2gb ram so the computer is not that ??)

well guess the show is not THAT good then.. errr..

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    as title, there so so gud, but how??

http://www.laseranimation.com/show/fr_lpv_e.html
    Thats Lasergraph DSP people. I understand why Bill is soo anal))
    Load the stand alone version of the player not ActiveX crup.

Lasergraph is based on Industrial Hardware. So it's as bullet prove as a Milling machine computer control. Entire software is optimized and programmed on Assembly and loads of flash in about 2 sec. It's includes basically everything you need to make a show. 3D editor/Animator/Show designer etc. And it runs on 150Mhz CPU!!
    Lasergraph is using a programming language for lasershow creation. Very similar in structure to BASIC with a flavor of C. It's very very powerful. But
    customer support is crup. People are rude. Software updates are not free. And the price can reach 20k for a unit plus their tracing softwares is as much as entire Utopia 3D. Those Germans. They used to dominate half of the world but now Pang kicked them out of Italy and Middle East also strongly marching into North Europe and Russia. So Pangolin is a better option! It gives you more for a buck! Plus an excellent support.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!