Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cham Tech PM25's for sale

Default Cham Tech PM25's for sale

Hi Everyone

I'm awaiting delivery of my PM25 I ordered from George at Cham Tech. When I spoke to George this weekend he informed me he had enough parts in stock to build 3 more units. After George gave me the ok I offered to spread the word about this here on PL.

As these units are not ready built there will be a waiting period from order to delivery. The Price for the PM25's was about £700 + VAT but I got a discount on the one I ordered. I'm sure he will offer a discount on the remaining 3 units to help sell them off. George at Cham Tech dose very little with lasers anymore so Once there gone, there gone although he dose still offer a repair service on all his products he has sold in the past.

If anyone is interested you can get intouch with George at gjm@chamtech.co.uk.

Although these desks from Cham Tech are a bit dated I've not come accross any bad reports about them. I'm not sure what the fetures are on the older PM20,PM21 and PM22 but the PM25 has over 400 images to play with form patterns, logo's and animations plus 32 modulation effects and scrolling text. The Images can be updated with ILDA files compressed to desk format via a PC. If anyone wants a copy of the Manual to look at then PM me your email address and i'll send you a copy.

Bye for now

Carl

I used one of these for over 4 years of gigging. It never let me down.

Brilliant piece of kit. Mine was serial number 00000

Hi Quazar

Have you still got the PM25 as I have a couple of questions about it.

First Have you had to clip the output voltage for the X and Y scanning signals as the manual states it has being + - 10v / 20v P to P and my new Scanpro 20 scanners take in a + - 5v /10v P to P signal.
    And second dose the Shutter button work on the blanking signal to shut off the laser or do you have to use a michanical shutter.

I can think of a few more questions but i'll save them for another time.
    The desk should be landing this week.

Thanks for your reply and for letting me know of there great relyabilaty.

Carl

Hi Carl. I no longer have this desk, but in answer to your questions-

Scanners: I was using the Medialas scaners and I cannot remember what their input voltage was. As far as I can remember, no modifications were made to the desk. You can always (I presume) reduce the input sensitivity of the scanners if the voltage is too high.

Shutter: This was connected to the blanking input of the laser power supply. However, I also had a mechanical shutter as well. You will need to do this if doing pro work.

I am sure you will enjoy using this desk. Wait until you discover getting the "strobe" function set correctly when doing mirror chases.

Sounds like the desk is going exceed my expectations as i'm only accustom to a DMX system at the moment.

I'll keep you updated on how I get on with getting desk rigged up to my projectors.

Did you ever use a PC to backup the desk and if so is it straight forward to do?
    Currently my laptop is running Vista with no Hyper terminal program and also has no serial port so thats a problem i'll have to deal with in due course.

Carl

I never had the need to back up the desk.

Had a PM20 and 21. Both excellent live controllers, allbeit slighlty limiting by todays standards!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl B View Post
    Currently my laptop is running Vista with no Hyper terminal program and also has no serial port so thats a problem i'll have to deal with in due course.

Carl
    No problem.... Simply download Hyperterminal off the internet (or get it off an XP machine) and run it under Vista

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hi Jem

I have got my self a serial port to USB adaptor and a Null Modem Adaptor but I am still having problems with the laptop communictaing with the PM25. I did get a copy of the Hyperterm program and that is happy with seeing the serial to USB adaptor and calls it COM 7 or COM 8 depending on which USB port I use.

I'm going to make a lead for the desk as in the manual for the desk and see how this go's.

Carl

Quote Originally Posted by Carl B View Post
    Hi Jem

I have got my self a serial port to USB adaptor and a Null Modem Adaptor but I am still having problems with the laptop communictaing with the PM25. I did get a copy of the Hyperterm program and that is happy with seeing the serial to USB adaptor and calls it COM 7 or COM 8 depending on which USB port I use.

I'm going to make a lead for the desk as in the manual for the desk and see how this go's.

Carl

Sorry Carl, I somehow missed reviewing this thread.

I've had problems in the past where older serial equipment expects to see Com ports 1 to 4 only and will not work if you don't have one of these ports available. You need to check if that's the case with your PM25.

If it is, it's quite easy to reassign Com ports for your USB/serial adapter via windows device manager.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001