Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laser FINALE - 1,161 heads are better than 1 - HELP

Default Laser FINALE - 1,161 heads are better than 1 - HELP

I have been booked for an event , to provide some beams and messages on buildings at an event where they close a street off and celebrate ethnic diversity - by what i am doing i can see we are adding value to the night and of course the novelty of lasers is always interesting for people.

However they have been now been refused their normal finale of fireworks due to local objections and i have been asked if theres anything we could do .

Simply im not convinced we could have the impact of fireworks as an ending to the day and currently i feel people would leave feeling a bit of WAS THAT IT ? We would be limited in term of music , its not to be dance type music an would likely be an "ethnic" style tune , yes i think people would be impressed with lasers and the music but if they are used to the BIG BANG finale i feel they might just be wondering , whats next when it stops.

About the only thing i can think of is maybe a large qty balloon release at the finale beat of music type thing , something that definately says THE END .

Just wondering if the multiple heads of PL have any ideas

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Copious amounts of smoke would help.

I would also feel put-upon to replace a fireworks show -even if I had large YAGs to work with.

A BIG part of the fun of fireworks is the size and the loud sounds. Quite honestly, a fireworks show is as much a concert of sound to me. I hate it when they BLAST crappy music. I usually like to be far enough away from the speakers to just hear an indecipherable blare, yet close enough to feel the explosions. Good fireworks with no other sounds but the crowd going OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH blows my mind.

Lasers are cool but they are pretty much a visual thing only.

James.

fireworks > lasers in the terms of a finale. Unless you can track down a huge multi watt RGB system, a huggeee fogger (Or a laser powerful enough to not need one) and a kick @$$ sound system, then they will go home feeling satisfied!

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    ...Unless you can track down a huge multi watt RGB system, a huggeee fogger ... and a kick @$$ sound system, then they will go home feeling satisfied!

Who doesnt like lasers and some loud music!? (Except for maybe people that have trouble hearing and seeing, but you get that )

Did I understand that right? Maybe your avatar is taking focus from my post

If there is any chance you could get the track which will play as last thing, than nice bit of choreography would do I thing.
    I don't know wha lasers you have, but it is true that nice kit would help..15RGB (dependes on budget, but you can hire one) possibly for finale...with water screen.
    Anyway, I really do thing that when you make the show well, or better than that it can be same emotionaly powerful as big-bangs. Actors in theatre are only people and sometimes they impress you more than big-bang. So why not lasers?

Possibly flame cannons situated around the venue that fire flames up in the air, they can look spectacular. They look even more spectacular if you get them too close to anything flammable

Hire four cherry pickers, one on each corner fully extended creating a square, suspend a large scrim between them (horizontal) and fire your lasers onto it with some nice graphics/abstracts. This would appear to be floating above the audience's heads once it got dark. Or you could suspend some vertical scrims around the venue and project laser 'fireworks' onto them, add a bit of smoke here and there for extra effect.

If I think of anything else i'll be back

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Some (high power) good positioned (spread?) lasers (all green is good), spread smoke machines with big blowers, and.. most important... SMPTE timecode lasershow!!!

Believe me.. a good programmed synchronized timecode lasershow will blast away a fireworks show. As long as the music has enough "timecode-moments" and the lasershow programmer enough creativity..

You could emulate the fireworks with smoke filled hellium ballons. Let them all go then shine your fattest laser at them popping them and then using sparkle spread effect, then whistle as hard as you can the do the screamers.