Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: DrLava stop copying my content!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Chad, you should just stay out of it because you don't know the background behind it.
    Well OK, Fair enough. However you posted it in a public forum, therefore it is free game to comment on by myself or anyone else. If you are eliciting sympathy, I just don't see it.

As example, just compare my Applications Modes section to his Application Features section. Compare my "Allows use of standard ILDA files for creating shows." to his "Import and play back standard ILDA files for creating shows." There is no denying where he copied it from. And I doubt he will even deny it himself.
    Not sure how else you would describe ILDA import capability. hhm let's see. I am thinking of word, it rimes with 'Tilde' And it can take, tote, traject, transfer, transmit, transplant, truck, waft, come hither....

There are only so many ways to describe common functionality.

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

oh no, like I said, I'm am totally willing to change it, again, but to be honest that really wasn't the point here, was it, because a PM with your feelings would have sufficed.. I'm a reasonable guy

Seriously, does this need to be aired in public?

This is just plain embarrassing.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post

Imagine that... Laser Show Software Functions in different software duplicate functionality although some do better than others... The doctor forgot to list: Awesome Abstract generator and scripting, a long list of DAC support, MIDI, Touch OSC, an a loyal client base. I don't have sides but this is starting to seem like an east vs west fight.... I would still buy both of you a beer.

Cheers,
    Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

I'm not asking anyone to take any side to this. All I did was ask DrLava to come up with his own advertising. But, it seems as though a few of you think I am making it up. Well, let me explain the whole story.

Back in the early days for whatever reason, DrLava decided that he wanted to sell RIYA Dacs. He had his ILD SOS program that worked well with them and as well as LDS. All fine and dandy. During that same time he would send feedback about Spaghetti, which I had given him a free copy of. He would tell me that I needed to do something this way or that way in order for it to work right. He coined the name ILDSOS because SOS sounds like sauce and goes with Spaghetti. I never asked for that and he never asked for my input. I really didn't care. But, I guess he felt they went together and if Spaghetti didn't do thinks that made ILDSOS files work as he wanted then it was my fault. Whatever. I pretty much put DrLava on ignore mode at that point and simply humored his requests. As a person, I liked Andrew. We got along alright. But when it came to software he was a bit of a pain in the neck and always acted as if he way was always the right way. I had no time that that. Anyway, now and then he would send and email saying something like "I want to sell Spaghetti in a package with RIYA." I didn't want that to happen. It doesn't matter why. I had my reasons. I said no. Some time goes on and he sends another email saying "I plan on selling RIYA and Spaghetti as a package." No, he did not ask. He just said he was going to do it. Since he didn't ask, I didn't bother with a nice response other than "No. I don't want that." He asked me to explain but I didn't like his attitude so I ignored him. About a month or so later I was just browing ebay and I see and ad with Spaghetti and RIYA being sold together. Keep in mind that the only way a person could get a Spaghetti license was from me. I had no idea who was selling Spaghetti. I assumed it was Lava but I had no way of knowing. He certainly didn't ask me or notify me. And right there in the ebay ad was my website description of Spaghetti cut and pasted word for word. I was hopping mad and sent him and email telling him to cease and desist selling Spaghetti. Besides, I wouldn't have generated the licenses for him even if he did sell it. That's when he sends me all kinds of nasty emails about how much of a bad person I am and how I will get what I deserve, etc. Now, keep in mind that through all of this, other than sort of ignoring his responses and just being terse, I was never rude to him. But, he really layed into me as if I was the one who had done something wrong. But ultimately, he changed his ebay ad and changed it to sell LDS. But, instead of removing the description of Spaghetti he only changed a few words here and there so that instead of saying Spaghetti it said LDS. At that time I told him that he needs to get rid of my description and come up with his on. That was through email. That was a long time ago. A very long time ago and I made it crystal clear. He changed it a little more to what you see now but it's still easily identifiable. You guys don't see it because you haven't beening paying attention. But for me, who came up with it to begin with, it's obvious. Yet, here we are in 2012 and now he is selling LSX with the same description as the one he used for LDS which was based on the original ebay add when we was selling Spaghetti without permission. He has already been contacted by me twice about it in private. Now, it's in public and again he acts as if I am the one who has done something wrong and that he is totally innocent. Yea, it's just some BS descriptions and they seem pretty generic but it isn't generic at all. If you guys don't see that or don't care, that's fine. But, that's the story.

dude, seek help.
    chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

OMG! Should I tell my story about ild-SOS and the use, and abuse of the LaserBoy core code?

Hmmmmmmmmm.

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I'm not asking anyone to take any side to this. All I did was ask DrLava to come up with his own advertising. But, it seems as though a few of you think I am making it up. Well, let me explain the whole story.

Back in the early days for whatever reason, DrLava decided that he wanted to sell RIYA Dacs. He had his ILD SOS program that worked well with them and as well as LDS. All fine and dandy. During that same time he would send feedback about Spaghetti, which I had given him a free copy of. He would tell me that I needed to do something this way or that way in order for it to work right. He coined the name ILDSOS because SOS sounds like sauce and goes with Spaghetti. I never asked for that and he never asked for my input. I really didn't care. But, I guess he felt they went together and if Spaghetti didn't do thinks that made ILDSOS files work as he wanted then it was my fault. Whatever. I pretty much put DrLava on ignore mode at that point and simply humored his requests. As a person, I liked Andrew. We got along alright. But when it came to software he was a bit of a pain in the neck and always acted as if he way was always the right way. I had no time that that. Anyway, now and then he would send and email saying something like "I want to sell Spaghetti in a package with RIYA." I didn't want that to happen. It doesn't matter why. I had my reasons. I said no. Some time goes on and he sends another email saying "I plan on selling RIYA and Spaghetti as a package." No, he did not ask. He just said he was going to do it. Since he didn't ask, I didn't bother with a nice response other than "No. I don't want that." He asked me to explain but I didn't like his attitude so I ignored him. About a month or so later I was just browing ebay and I see and ad with Spaghetti and RIYA being sold together. Keep in mind that the only way a person could get a Spaghetti license was from me. I had no idea who was selling Spaghetti. I assumed it was Lava but I had no way of knowing. He certainly didn't ask me or notify me. And right there in the ebay ad was my website description of Spaghetti cut and pasted word for word. I was hopping mad and sent him and email telling him to cease and desist selling Spaghetti. Besides, I wouldn't have generated the licenses for him even if he did sell it. That's when he sends me all kinds of nasty emails about how much of a bad person I am and how I will get what I deserve, etc. Now, keep in mind that through all of this, other than sort of ignoring his responses and just being terse, I was never rude to him. But, he really layed into me as if I was the one who had done something wrong. But ultimately, he changed his ebay ad and changed it to sell LDS. But, instead of removing the description of Spaghetti he only changed a few words here and there so that instead of saying Spaghetti it said LDS. At that time I told him that he needs to get rid of my description and come up with his on. That was through email. That was a long time ago. A very long time ago and I made it crystal clear. He changed it a little more to what you see now but it's still easily identifiable. You guys don't see it because you haven't beening paying attention. But for me, who came up with it to begin with, it's obvious. Yet, here we are in 2012 and now he is selling LSX with the same description as the one he used for LDS which was based on the original ebay add when we was selling Spaghetti without permission. He has already been contacted by me twice about it in private. Now, it's in public and again he acts as if I am the one who has done something wrong and that he is totally innocent. Yea, it's just some BS descriptions and they seem pretty generic but it isn't generic at all. If you guys don't see that or don't care, that's fine. But, that's the story.
    holy block of text batman!!!

relax duderemember what steve jobs said, good artists copy, great artists steal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW0DUg63lqU

I am pretty sure public stonings are not performed any longer.

Bad form.
    This space for rent.

I am pretty sure public stonings are not performed any longer
    aaahh.. nothing like the old days...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erthun0Pauc
    "its called character briggs..."