Quote Originally Posted by cruch View Post
    liteglow, visit ExideGlow tomorrow and you can try out the Pangolinīs FB3
    I sent it off today to him
    damn..

I will do ..

Quote Originally Posted by liteglow View Post
    damn..

I will do ..
    No No i will lock all my dors and windows. It's only mine !!. hehe. yes comon liteglow lets try FB3 live pro together

Hi,

Medialas website table below!

This is a small comparison between the most common differences between Mamba 2.0 and other software.

http://www.medialas.de/mamba2-technical.html

whiteg

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by whiteg View Post
    Hi,

This is a small comparison between the most common differences between Mamba 2.0 and other software.

whiteg

Thanx for that

I think it still show that MB kick ass compared to what you pay for and what you get

Hi Jojo ...

you said ...
    @Karl: I talked to you at the ILDA conference about this, remember?
    Oh yes i remeber ... yes we talked about this .... we only talked a few minutes ... but hey ... i explained to you the reason why i migrated from Mamba to Pangolin .... not because of the Hype ... but the lack of support from ML ... even though Ol Grumpy was doing a fantastic job and telling us what he was doing ... medialas was not contacting its customers .... the thing is ... I like the whole concept of Mamba ... but i do feel... it never matured into a reliable product ... and understandaby Dirk runs a company that sells many other things as well as laser software so unlike " the other company" he has many other priorities ... and the feeling was that the software upgrades and support did not come first ...

now everyone runs thier business differently ... and there is different priorities...

but mine is to have a good Product and good customer support ....

so far i have found the Pangolin software good ... and the the support excellent ( i sent an email to bill about a midi problem i had ... and he replied a few minutes later ... and he was in China at the time )

Now between Mamaba and LD2000 .... if both wanted a payment for support ... i would happily pay for the latter ... knowing what i have experienced previously

I dont want to get in a pissing war ... and i still have a soft spot for mamba .. and i would still reccomend it as an easy to use laser controller for a first time user ... infact i still will keep my Mamba for the time being as a backup system for my LD2000 .... just incase Pangolin does crash or become too expensive to upgrade ( one day )

all the best ... Karl

Quote Originally Posted by whiteg View Post
    Hi,

whiteg
    I used to see advertisements all the time for the 3D converter product called "Swift". The tables on their web site always showed how Swift was the fastest renderer. Well LC-Max is about 10 times as fast as Swift, and there were other 3D renderers that were also faster than Swift. When I brought this to the company's attention, there was no response...

It's easy to cherry pick certain features and make one company's product look much better than another. The table tries to give the impression that the comparison is made between the cheapest other option, but when it comes to capabilities, I'd put the combination of FB3 and LAStudio up against literally any other software on the market today -- for what would most certainly be a lower price-point...

Personally, I find the table on their web site amusing because the table presumes to give you only the most important information for making a buying decision, but what the table doesn't show you is the other elements like...

* How many technical achievement awards has the software or hardware won? It's been out for a while, so certainly there's been time to win awards with it...

* How many award-winning shows were made using the software?

* How many shows are included, and what's the mix between graphic and beam shows?

* How many laser clip-art frames are included?

* Does it come with any add-ons such as laser games, visualization options, ability to extend the software using your own self-made plug-ins, etc?

* What happens if you give them a call or send them an email?

I also find the term "unlimited" to be very amusing because it's either arrogant or ignorant. Oh, believe me, there's a limit somewhere, whether it is related to the memory in your computer, or the processing horsepower or something. Somewhere there is a limit, and when companies use hype like "unlimited", it's only a matter of time before a dissatisfied client down the road comes across a limit and then comes crying...

Also one more point about spec-sheets and comparison tables. Can anyone tell me the last time that spec sheets and comparison tables were helpful on a show-site, while you're trying to get setup to do a gig or trying to "perform" when a producer comes over to you and says "do *this* NOW"? People pay for results, not words on a web page...

I guess it all comes down to customer satisfaction. On various forum postings within the PL community, you'll find lots of happy Pangolin customers -- many of whom formerly had competitor's software. I guess we must be doing something right .

Bill
    Last edited by Pangolin; 06-26-2009 at 19:57.

Default Prices is the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    You have to read my post VERY CAREFULLY!!!

What I said was -- I am going to watch the marketplace and see if the marketplace was accepting of companies who charge for updates. If so, then, in the future, and on future products, we might do that too.

The point is -- right now it's not a level playing field. Since 1986, we introduced the concept of free updates for the lifetime of the product. For us, that's not just a slogan, it's what we do, and what we have clearly demonstrated year after year on the LD2000 platform.

Also, for a while, all other companies also offered free updates too, basically just to keep up with Pangolin. But a while ago, Laser Animation started charging for thier updates (I am not sure if they changed policies more recently, but they did start charging). Now, more recently we see a few other companies charging for updates too.

My point is -- if the laser community at large demonstrates that this is an acceptable practice, then why the heck are we doing everything we do for free and forever?

Bill
    Yes but out of all the laser products on the market yours is the most overpriced. The other prices are all in the $900 range so you owe it to your customers to offer free upgrades. Just my thoughts. May be if you lowered your price and chargedfor upgrades you would make twice the amount of money.

Clearly we'd make a whole lot more money if we also charged for updates. So, what do you say marketplace? Is it acceptable to charge for updates?
    Photonlexicon FTP Server.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Quote Originally Posted by tony220171 View Post
    So, what do you say marketplace? Is it acceptable to charge for updates?
    No, and nor is overpricing products.
    What else had you expected? Marketplace always wants to pay less.

Yes but out of all the laser products on the market yours is the most overpriced.
    Overpriced? No, for what it does and what it comes with, the price is fantastic...

Thumbs up

Ehm ... my friends !!

I love pangolin, I like what they can do, I do think the support there is great..
    And most of all, Bill is a SUPER great person :-) (that give me free Pangolin T-shirt that I use every week) !

But dudes, THIS thread is about Mamba Black !!!!

So can we please talk about the new upgrade on Mamba 2.0 :-) after this line ?

Not so much to ask about is it ?

I think it`s better to start a New thread about Mamba vs. Pangolin , if people still want to discuss that issue.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I also think Old Grumpy is a great person as well
    He give me LIVE support when I run into problem with my Mamba Black !!

Cheeeers