Thread: Police Officer hit by storm surge - video

Default Police Officer hit by storm surge - video

Can't say much about the those that filmed this besides they took far too much delight in someone trying to keep them safe being swept away (luckily not back into the sea).

Video does illustrate the storm well though, best in HD and full screen otherwise you might struggle to see the police woman:

Last edited by White-Light; 02-02-2014 at 01:26. Reason: Stutter fingers

Without asking are you ok they go on with there trip and laugh about the officer.......????

Quote Originally Posted by astatic View Post
    Without asking are you ok they go on with there trip and laugh about the officer.......????
    Too many people like that in the UK I'm afraid. Many hate the police - largely petty criminals. Can't say if that's the case here as don't know the people in the car. They could all be law abiding, but it is rather unsympathetic.

In the USA we would just have blocked the road and NOT left someone to stand there.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    Too many people like that in the UK I'm afraid. Many hate the police - largely petty criminals. Can't say if that's the case here as don't know the people in the car. They could all be law abiding, but it is rather unsympathetic.
    meh, around here most of the police ARE criminals... only out done by the politicians of course...

and here in Amerikuh we don't need police to keep us safe... we have guns, they are a lot lighter and easier to carry in my pants than a police officer... carrying around a police officer gets heavy after a while

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    In the USA we would just have blocked the road and NOT left someone to stand there.
    Probably didn't have the resources.

She has blocked the road with her patrol car which can be seen in the background but obviously cannot block the road in front if she's on her own. In the UK they carry signs but not usually barriers in Patrol cars but they're pretty much useless for blocking roads as people over here just ignore signs and drive on through, even where there are barriers. If they can get a car around they will! When roads are "Closed" for re-surfacing, people still drive around the barriers and try to get through. Unless the road is physically blocked, they succeed so do it again. We have a hiuge problem here with people ignoring level crossing barriers and getting killed by trains:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PcscQTlbFI

Jersey is a small island with probably a very small police force and with other spots to guard as well as crime to deal with, there's probably no-one else to help her.

Even on the mainland, we don't have the same resources as in the US. If I watch "Cops", you have incidents where 20 or so cars might turn up to one crime. In the UK I doubt in an evening there would be that many cars available in the whole County (State) nevermind the whole city! For a city of maybe 1/4 million people there are probably 6 or so cars covering the entire city at night.

I've been trying to read the lettering on the bonnet of the vehicle, without success.
    I suspect they are another type of public/emergency service given the look of it. always good to have a giggle at work colleagues in trouble
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Chivalry is dead.

Police Officer or not it was a woman that appeared to be in distressing situation (or could do with a hand at the very least).

Probably not a PC (sic) response for these "enlightened" times but I would have pulled over and checked that she was OK instead of driving off and laughing at her misfortune.

Here's hoping the scumbags in the car get Cancer.