Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20W 445nm laser modules KVANT

Default 20W 445nm laser modules KVANT

Hi everyone,

after many months of being super-busy I have few spare minutes ..

We do do 10W and 20W 445nm versions now as well.

Although the beam spec is not something special, it does produces "quite" a lot of light

beam size: 11x10mm
    divergence: 0.9/0.2
    psu: 24V/6A
    size: 211x141x60

price: €6810

...I know, it is expensive! Most of you can make it for fraction of that price. But still worth to mention.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20W 002.jpg  

20W 009.jpg  

20W 005.jpg  

No. Our friends tested 10W model above the city and that was pretty awesome so I guess this 20W one will be quite spectacular .

It looks like I have first customer by my door so once he'll make it work, I'll ask him to get me some shots.

Lightbulb

Cheers, Martin...

Curious - why did you put this in the BST section, but list it with a 'TRADING'-header? Does this mean, indeed, you're "looking for something, in-trade"? I've got some reeealy nice WL ions I'll trade-ya! Like a Purelight Star IIC w/ Digital Remote and Slimline PSU.... 4.7W all-lines, w/ Yellow.... Come on, Martin, you *know* you want one!

...'Back to Earth', you list the price: €6810 - this is for the 20W, correct? And the 10W Price?

Also, are you able to offer a different-spec on the OC-optics, so-that, say, you'd have an 8mm beam (much more 'useable', IMO, since that could be fit on a pair of EMS 4Ks, for example...) with, of course, the corresponding trade-off in divergence?

...I mean, not sure who would even want to do 'graphics' with 20W of 445, (especially with an 11mm beam, to start-with) - clearly, this is an 'aerials-optimized' laser, so, that said, an ~8mm beam, with, say (just guesstimating, quickly, here...) ~2-2.5mRad, really wouldn't be all that bad, still, for beams / aerials...

...especially-if, say, if you were considering combining it with ~10W of KTP (532) which would leave you ~30W to 'pump' an onboard dye laser, yielding ~10-12W of 630nm, for a truly Mega-outdoor RGB-system... get my 'drift'?

I'll gladly TRADE ya a Purelight WL for one of these 20W'ers... Heck, I'll even *throw-in* a raw C@$io diode-block, with 24 fully-kicking 445 diodes, so you can build-up another one!

Lemme know!
    cheers..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Well I didn't really know where to put it - also I understood the word TRADE bit differently, but I do know now what it means over here - or basically lack of time for thinking.

Not sure about the optics - that's the question for our engineers, but this unit was not designed for projectors supposed to do graphics. It is more for single colour "cheap" beam canooon.

Even with 8mm beam you need pretty huge scanning mirrors = poor scanning speed = shitty graphics.

10W: € 3744.00

Cool

Hey Martin -

Quote Originally Posted by pelosh View Post
    Well I didn't really know where to put it - also I understood the word TRADE bit differently, but I do know now what it means over here - or basically lack of time for thinking.
    Not a 'critcism', m8, just teasing.. Here, in 'Gringolandia', "TRADING" more-implies a 'SWAP' of one item, for another... "SELLING" leaves no-question... but, again,
    I was just razzin' ya... (but seriously, if ya wanna 'trade' a Purelight for a 20W 445, I'll do it!

Not sure about the optics - that's the question for our engineers, but this unit was not designed for projectors supposed to do graphics. It is more for single colour "cheap" beam canooon.
    Please, kindly, ask? I'd wanna know, in case I get asked or come-across some application...

...and RE: 'not designed for graphics', sure, I get that, but with beam-specs like 0.9 x 0.2 mRad div, that sounds like someone was at least 'trying' for a 'graphics-quality' beam-spec - but with an 11mm beam, that's more apt-to be a challenge, even-for an aerials-projector, cause then, you are *really* forced to use huge, slow-@$$ galvos...

Just putting-forth the 'non-challenging opinion' that an ~8mm beam, at even up-to 2.5mRad (since that is even less than most KTP-systems, etc..) would be, IMO, a 'better' optics-option for an aerials / beams projector...

Even with 8mm beam you need pretty huge scanning mirrors = poor scanning speed = shitty graphics.
    Ohhh, I dunno about that... The EMS 4000s do pretty-darn good with even the 9mm-aperture mirs...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RARO_MP_2.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	21596 and ie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBxRFek-qNs

...but, of course, exclusively, for the 'limited-purpose' of only-doing such large-scale projections... I don't honestly think anyone would really ever be thinking / expecting to-do
    '60k graphics' with 20W of 445... x'cept maybe for cloud-sfx for the next 'Batman Premiere'...

10W:
    Cool, thanks... will keep it in mind for Clients with boku-bux / when I have no-time...

cheers...
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 10-13-2011 at 22:42.

Ok, so I've spoken to engineers and changing the beam spec is not a problem at all...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    ...especially-if, say, if you were considering combining it with ~10W of KTP (532) which would leave you ~30W to 'pump' an onboard dye laser, yielding ~10-12W of 630nm, for a truly Mega-outdoor RGB-system... get my 'drift'?
    j
    I think you may have trouble getting 10-12w of 630nm from a dye by pumping with 10w of green however much unfocusable blue you mix in.
    My attempts with argon just let any blue through with very little absorbing being done by the dye, and with just blue I got "zilch" from rhodamine.
    Do you have some secret dye which can turn 455 into 630 ??????

If you do please share.. at least then I would not be completely "off topic"

Cheers

....Oh, uh, gosh - sorry I totally 'peed' all over your thread, here, Martin... Sorry, m8...

All such KTP / dye / 445 discussions, moved HERE...
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 11-27-2010 at 15:51. Reason: moved discussion....

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    In-fact, ya know what?.... I'll be right back...
    Don't tease...

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Don't tease...
    Okie-Dokie...