Thread: Next Generation Laser Bar

Default Next Generation Laser Bar

The next generation of laser bar from Lightspace. Some very cool effects.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    The next generation of laser bar from Lightspace. Some very cool effects.

i think you might mean lightwave not lightspace
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I don't understand the point of these. A galvo laser projector plus an array of mirrors would do the same.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltes View Post
    I don't understand the point of these. A galvo laser projector plus an array of mirrors would do the same.
    The point is 40 1 watt arrays are in some ways much cheaper to build then a multiplexed 40 watt RGB being deflected by Galvos. They are limited in what they can do, but for some events they are just fine. Plus they do not flicker without the scanning process.

With 30 K scanners it takes up to 0.055 to 0.125 second (assumes 5 pts jump) to jump to the next mirror and become stable.... That's potentially visible to the eye, and far longer/ worse if jumping from mirror 1 to mirror 40.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

it was next generation about a year ago yes, but ER have been using this for a year is not longer.

bit behind there alan
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i think you might mean lightwave not lightspace
    Presses "Like".

Quote Originally Posted by Maltes View Post
    Neither did I but I actually quite like the way they've been used here at a club that Verkoop did using some single colour bars.

Last edited by White-Light; 09-20-2016 at 00:37.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    The point is 40 1 watt arrays are in some ways much cheaper to build then a multiplexed 40 watt RGB being deflected by Galvos.
    But is there any info on how powerful each beam from these Lightwave laser arrays are? The chinese ones I've come across have been 800mW max for blues and less for green and red and they were all single color. If it is RGB, that means 3 times the diodes and bunch of dichros which add to the production cost. With a galvo on the other hand you only need one motor that just scans 8-20 dots from left to right at a pretty narrow angle, two dichros and mirrors.
    Since the angle is so narrow I'd imagine a cheap scanner with big mirror would work, too.

Lightwave are known for quality. In fact they specify Arctos lasers as the source and 1 pic I found showing 2 units, was stated to be 80 Watts, so from that, we can probably deduce it's 40 Watts per bar.

I dont know about the Lightwave bars, but the RTI full color bar specs are really low, approx 300mw out of each aperture (6 apertures per bar)
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

I do not want to imply that I invented this because it is not relevant to anything, but I did this effect all the way back in 2010. A bit ironic that one of my ex-staff now works at ER who have taken the idea to another level, anyway they do great stuff with it and make a shit load of money from it. Maybe they could send me a bit :-) or a little thanks would be nice. As far as I can see the ones used by ER are made by Lightline and am sure the ones we now see from Lightwave are also made by Lightline. Maybe.

I made Red & green versions and even had a crack at Yellow but back then the only green was little DPSS units with very thin beams and the red was fat as hell with crazy divergence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0KJpkNerfo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxarLtUcjUE