Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High power 660nm fix?

Question High power 660nm fix?

I came accross this and wondered if anyone has tried it with a "C" mount? Not sure if it would work with a can laser. Marconi> what do ya think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails red080.jpg  

You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Yes, I have done it with C mounts for DPSS lasers.

Cans with windows is much harder.
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

I like this bit.....
    does that mean you can post it on our forum

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails red080.jpg  

If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

I did find it on the web.....link..............

http://www.doriclenses.com/lire/42.html
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

hey mate im not doubting you it was just a source of ammusement for my brain....

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by marconi View Post
    Yes, I have done it with C mounts for DPSS lasers.

Cans with windows is much harder.
    This is VERY interesting. Is this why the MAXYZ's diodes have tall cans? Compound microlensing INSIDE the can? It makes sense to do it that way, for small beam width, and to protect the very fine positioning needed to do it.

They most likley have a longer cavity length and therefor, more light output in the same emitter stripe.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    This is VERY interesting. Is this why the MAXYZ's diodes have tall cans? Compound microlensing INSIDE the can? It makes sense to do it that way, for small beam width, and to protect the very fine positioning needed to do it.
    Not sure about that one. From what I have seen, Maxyz have (as usual with DI diodes) a fairly elliptical beam. The microlensed diodes I have looked at have been circularised - and lower powered than their non-microlensed counterparts as a result.

I still want to know how only one person can find these special higher powered diodes, and they don't seem to cost mega-bucks

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    They most likley have a longer cavity length and therefor, more light output in the same emitter stripe.
    Which was always my contention anyway. Though it's not the quantity that matters so much, many of that width put out more. What's important is the extra length might make it much easier to tame the beam. If anyone's got a dead one and wants to do some foraging, see if you can find some non-round microlenses in there... You might need a microscope to see them if they are.

Quote Originally Posted by p1t8ull View Post
    Not sure about that one. From what I have seen, Maxyz have (as usual with DI diodes) a fairly elliptical beam. The microlensed diodes I have looked at have been circularised - and lower powered than their non-microlensed counterparts as a result.
    Ok, was just a thought. Like I said in answer to Ben, I'd always thought it was just a longer cavity before this new wheeze occurred to me. I'm not sure if all microlensing will get a circular beam anyway. To do that you need very precise positioning. Maybe all we want to do is tame the fast axis a bit so it is no more eliptical than an unlensed single mode diode. (Most DVD diodes actually ARE microlensed, I was told recently, I think by Steve Roberts or Sam Goldwasser). In this case it might be a lot more efficient. The idea is not to circularise the beam perfectly, it's just to make sure we lose less light by optics loss, than we otherwise would by blatant spill, while at same time getting a shape that makes a narrow beam with little divergence possible with a single asphere. A single cylindrical plano convex lens might do it, if it is tiny, placed right up close to the diode chip inside a can.

I still want to know how only one person can find these special higher powered diodes, and they don't seem to cost mega-bucks
    Yep, the bottom line is that one, that's a deeply technical issue I really want to understand.