Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 QM2000; 6 color channels; 2 RGB projectors with balanced color palettes

Cool 1 QM2000; 6 color channels; 2 RGB projectors with balanced color palettes

I have had a theory that you could run the same image/show on two projectors, running off one QM2000, and have them both have balanced color palettes if a cable or splitter box could be made to split the X and Y and route color channels 1, 2, and 3 to projector one and color channels 4, 5, and 6, to projector two...

This has finallly been proven!!! DZ has created a lil splitter box for me and...

It works just as I imagined!!! I use the color training wizard and set up two RGB palettes to get each projector a balanced palette. I still need to tweak the palettes a bit more to get them "perfect" on each projector, but the theory is sound and proven now. If you use a QM2000 and have two projectors, this is the way to go instead of hoping projector two will look good usng projector one's color palette when just splitting your ILDA cable or using a normal pass through ILDA plug.

As always another quality product from DZ Lasers!!! It even has pots on it to change the x and y size on one of the projectors. Thank you David!!!
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Looks great, but how does it work?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by mccarrot View Post
    Looks great, but how does it work?
    The QM2000 has 6 color channels for PCAOM color blanking; RGBVCY. The box splits the X and y to both ILDA outputs, then runs the RGB channels, 1, 2, and 3 straight to the first ILDA out and the VCY channels, 4, 5, and 6 to the RGB channels, 1, 2, and 3 on the second ILDA out; the VCY channels are pins 8/21, 9/22, and 10/23. Then I train the full color palette as two separate RGB palettes; one for each projector.

I do something similar, but also run the second XY through a UGC so that I can have independent geo correction.
    leading in trailing technology

is there any thing DZ can not do better than you hope for his ilda plug saved me a lot of time this weekend thanks for DZ

thats pretty clever... too bad my projector uses 4 channels

although for the cost of the QM, you could buy 4 FB3s and get 3 X/Y pairs and 9 color channels lol

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    thats pretty clever... too bad my projector uses 4 channels
    Old thread I know, but seeing as it's been brought up again...

Just throwing this out there... Couldn't you share one channel, the least brightest on each projector e.g. red, and even though one projector may use 4 channels, that would leave the other 2 free for the green and blue, so that each projector is palette trained in reference to this shared colour and each would therefore be perfectly balanced?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by taggalucci View Post
    Old thread I know, but seeing as it's been brought up again...

Just throwing this out there... Couldn't you share one channel, the least brightest on each projector e.g. red, and even though one projector may use 4 channels, that would leave the other 2 free for the green and blue, so that each projector is palette trained in reference to this shared colour and each would therefore be perfectly balanced?
    Don't worry about him, he can afford another DAC... He doesn't need to juggle colors.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Don't worry about him, he can afford another DAC... He doesn't need to juggle colors.
    LOL, I guess I was just throwing the idea out there. I have a QM.Net running 4 channels on one of my projectors, so I could see value in doing something like this myself!

Lightbulb

You could do what you are thinking but I can't be sure your color balances would be perfect on both projectors as they are meant to be using two 3 channel projectors. If you try it let us know.