Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changes to pre-SELEM dinner party Thursday evening, August 18th. Need input!

Exclamation Changes to pre-SELEM dinner party Thursday evening, August 18th. Need input!

Hey folks;

OK, by now you've no doubt learned that The Artist's Cafe is closed. So we need to find a new place to have the pre-SELEM dinner party on Thursday after we finish the load-in and setup.

We were looking at a place called Bistro 127 (in Hickory, about 12 miles from the venue or about 10 miles from the Holiday Inn Express) for dinner, but they want a deposit and a guaranteed number of guests. Also, they want a pre-set (IE: limited) menu. So I'm not sure this would be our best option.

There are several chain restaurants in the area, including the Texas Roadhouse steakhouse that we went to last year on Sunday evening. I think one of those restaurants would be more than willing to accomodate us without any deposits or stipulations on how many people need to be there.

So I started this thread to see what people want to do. Please post your thoughts, and if you feel froggy, go ahead and search around on Google maps and see if your favorite restaurant is in the area. Greg (Displaser) is coordinating this, so I'm sure he'll be chiming in here soon. We'd like to get some sort of consensus in the next week or so from the people who plan to be in Newton on Thursday, August 18th and who want to attend the dinner. Then we'll make arrangements with whatever restaurant we choose and publish the information on PL.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Also, they want a pre-set (IE: limited) menu. So I'm not sure this would be our best option.
    I've since replied to Adam in a PM on this.

CORRECTION - The folks at Bistro 127 will are willing to waive the "fixed menu" policy that they normally have with larger groups. This was intended for all of us to be served at/around the same time. We can order off the standard menu, but we will be treated as multiple tables and served as such. It makes no difference to me - this will likely be the same if we go anywhere else.

What this really boils down to do we want a private room for the group on Thursday? If the answer is yes, then unless we can find another location that does not require a deposit, this is our only option so far.

How many will commit to eating dinner at Bistro 127? There will be a minimum number of folks required - I will know tomorrow.

I will sign up first - I'm in.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Displaser View Post
    How many will commit to eating dinner at Bistro 127?
    I'll be there!

I'll be there, and if they're willing to be flexible with the menu, then I'm all for the Bistro...

Adam

I will probably show up but will be too late for dinner...I'll probably just have a few drinks.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Put me down for two.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    I'll be there!
    I'm in, as I am riding with him...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Displaser View Post
    commit to eating dinner
    I'm in wherever... just need someone to hitch a ride with from the venue

I'm in.
    I can give you a ride from the venue Flecom. As long as you ok riding in my Firebird. Some people don't like riding in sports cars since they are usually a tight fit.

Chris

UPDATE

I spoke to the owner this morning, here's the deal for Bistro 127...

Use of the private room has them bringing in additional staff, so they incur expenses that have to be recovered. The deposit is to hold the room until we show up, nothing more. At least for this year, it is a requirement - we may be able to get this waived in the future if we like the restaurant and want to go back in 2012.

* No minimum head count is required
    * Use of the room requires a $400 expense towards food and drink, otherwise there is a $50 charge added
    * They will waive any "fixed menu" requirement
    * The timing of food service should not be an issue if people arrive at different times and/or order at different times (likely based on
    when folks get in on Thursday)
    * While the full kitchen closes at 9:00 pm, pizza and other items will still be available until 10:00 pm
    * We can stay past 10:00 pm, as they will not rush us out. Food will not be available for order after 10:00 pm
    * We can opt to make a reservation in the dining room for a smaller group (10-15) if this is preferred over the private room

It looks like we have 8 or so confirmed so far. If we can double that number, I would think that we should have no problem hitting the $400 mark between food and drink. Depending on what we're drinking, we may not have a problem with 8 of us....

Greg