Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: finally the first true 3D laser projector

Default finally the first true 3D laser projector

Only $55,000 for the base model... with 20Watts of White laser.... Who's gonna buy one to tear it apart? lol

gabriel it does only take 2 laser projectors with polorisation, or video projectors.
    You as long as it emits light and you can put a polarisation filter in front you would be set.
    Though yeah it's not really a laser scanners :P so it's more like a stereoscopic 3D projection.
    If you wanna know what is defined true 3D, here ya go:

Note: this is a really really expensive and dangerous laser

Basicly I've been doing the same as this for stereoscopic 3D
    if you want a stereoscopic movie, i could send you one including the stereoscopic 3D player with license (there are different license which each of them allows a max amount of viewers.
    Supports all stereoscopic 3D methods available on the market.

Though I must say, 20watts of white light sounds awsome!
    Last edited by masterpj; 08-11-2011 at 09:43.

Yeah ! .................now that real and is also cool

Cheers

If you want 3D like this, including software and movies + help getting and setting up a 3D system like this (does not require laser)
    Feel free to drop me a PM.
    I don't charge for the assistance, I love to share my past findings and experiences.

what sort of 3d are you talking about, confused ?? somthing like tri def ??
    i would love to have 3d i have looked at the new passive 3d tv's and well impessed no heavy glasses , picture is good shame about reduced definition
    wish i could afford one

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    If you want 3D like this, including software and movies + help getting and setting up a 3D system like this (does not require laser)
    Feel free to drop me a PM.
    I don't charge for the assistance, I love to share my past findings and experiences.
    When God said “Let there be light” he surely must have meant perfectly coherent light.

Stereoscopic 3D off course.

3D systems can be made on a very low budget with a good pricetag.
    The 3D tv's you purchase in the store are overpriced and there are cheaper alternatives. Even customizing your own system like it is WAYY cheaper.
    also 3D blueray is bullshit because this is wayy longer possible with games and certain video's
    + I have 2 drivers.
    One works with all shutter glasses systems and video cards and the other is nvidia only .

The glasses if you don't mind can be very cheap and also lightweight, depending on your system.
    I know how to make the Imax system for home use
    it's not expensive or complex at all.
    well you need a metal paint thats the toughest part
    because U need a silver screen for that kind of 3D stereoscopic.

If you got a DLP projector, you can use it in combination with a shutter glasses (and that 3D driver or 3D player to have your stereoscopic 3D)
    Thing is that these glasses are fairly priced, so having many viewers will be less affordable, but the system itself is waay cheaper.

or you can use 2 equal video projectors one on top of the other and they aligned to be projecting on the exact same size, on a silver screen and place a vertical aligned polarisation filter on one and a horizontal aligned on the other.
    Then do the same on those cheap cinema shutter glasses *or snatch one with you from such a movie, which have those non electronic ones often* Or by an incredible cheap pair, these are perfect for big audiences (thus in this case more cost effective, but the system costs slightly more. + you loose quite a bit of lumen on the projectors.

There are many more methods, i studied them all (except the nintendo 3ds technology, but I think I can figure that one out).

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    or you can use 2 equal video projectors one on top of the other and they aligned to be projecting on the exact same size, on a silver screen and place a vertical aligned polarisation filter on one and a horizontal aligned on the other.
    When you have a silver screen, use circular polarization. Just grab two pairs of $1 Real3D cinema glasses and cut one in half. Place one filter (eyeglass) in front of each projector lens, align the images together and you're pretty much done. You can use the other pair to watch your 3D movie or game.

The image output is better than in theatres because left and right images are projected simultaneously, instead of sequentially like in theatres (which use a DLP projector with frame sequential polarizer). Furthermore, you can use any projector you want, DLP is not necessary, but having two identical projectors is a lot easier in terms of alignment.

Casio XJ-A series are quite suitable because they're compact and easy to stack together.

Correct!
    Forgot about the circular polarization, but yes this setup requires a silver screen because it's the only kind of surface that keeps the polarization in tact when light is being reflected of it.