Thread: Basic questions

Post Basic questions

Hi All

I'm brand new member of this forum and also in the laser world. I received from somebody which left the country a Three-Color Animated Laser Light RGY 150mW DMX512 Professional Sound Active but I have no ideea how to start (the manual was missing and he gave me no clues how to use it). Since I'm fascinated about laser and I want to learn can you please help?
    What do I need in order to connect with the computer? From where I can take software in order to do animation? Do I need to connect with computer in order to use it?
    I hope one of you will be patient enough to help

Lightbulb

Welcome! take a few pictures of the projector and connectors and I am sure one of us can sort it out for you.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

... AND, along with pictures, anything you can provide from the projector itself - manufacturer, model number, etc...
    Also, post where you're actually located, and you might find there might be someone from this forum who lives close enough to lend a helping hand.
    A Good bunch of helpful folks usually hang out here!

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post

Welcome! take a few pictures of the projector and connectors and I am sure one of us can sort it out for you.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Default wow

Thank you all for the fast answers. Unfortuately I cannot post now pics but I took a look on internet and I found my laser model. Is same with this one from ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Animated-Graphic...742.m153.l1262

but I could not find any manual to download

and BTW I'm from Cyprus

Lightbulb

It looks like there is a sound active mode. Should be able to plug it in that wall and turn it and some music on to get "something" out of it. You may have to plug in an audio cable into it or it will have a mic somewhere on it.

As for a computer connection, you will need a DAC with software to get signals from your computer, digital, converted to analog signals which the projector takes. These range from "Norm's DAC", + several free softwares, <$50 I think, to Pangolin, $1500 (intro) to $7000 (pro). There are many in between, and several homegrown projects from members here.

This is just a lil summary and something to get you hopefully started. I am sure others will post more info and probably be kind enough to put some links in it. O, good luck with your new money pit.

Thumbs up Hi

Hi New,

Please visit www.hobby-lasers.startpagina.nl
    Here you can find a lot of links about (free) software, DAC's, safety, galvo's, (free) shows, and more.

Thé website to start for every newbe!

Greetings,
    Audrey