Thread: B+W Tek 532-50 lasers

Default B+W Tek 532-50 lasers

Hi,
    I have three B+W Tek 50 mW green lasers to offer. These were some of the first small green lasers to be built into the "Extreme Beam" projectors made by New Method Lasers (now One Stop Laser Shop) back in the days before analog modulation. We bought one of these from Bob Ash back then for about $1K I think doing 75 mW new. These three lasers are low hour pulls from biomedical machines and have been stored for years.. Sam Goldwasser just touched up the crystal temperature adjustment and set the power in the mid 50 mW range. I am only asking $150 each. They have a nice round beam but are not suitable for holography; they do have TTL modulation. These are reaaly small, make a tiny projector! Phil (813) 974-2378 pbergero@usf <dot>edu

See what Sam says about these lasers on the laser FAQ: http://repairfaq.cis.upenn.edu/Misc/...cl.htm#sclbwt1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 002.JPG  

003.JPG  

004.JPG  

005.JPG  

006.JPG  

007.JPG  

008.JPG  

009.JPG  

Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)

The last one of the three I set at 75 mW, it will do about 100 mW but I backed off the current some. First buyer gets the hot one... Phil

What is B+W please...? Sorry to ask.
    L.A.S.E.R.
    Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

Laser system: Pure Diode 3W & 6W RGB Laser.

www.facebook.com/saifer.sy
    www.laser-viva.com

B+W Tek is a laser and spectrometer company. The are older 50 mW current regulated green lasers that were used in light shows. Their lasers are far better quality than many far East brands. Thanks for asking, Phil

See: http://bwtek.com/

Hi Phil

I have an old B & W Tek laser here, ~25mW of 532nm goodness I believe. I bought it a long time ago to make holograms and believed it to be single longitudinal mode. In fact, I have made some decent holograms with it before I got a C315m and a Coherent 532-200 ring laser

It's a lovely little laser (which i've kept for sentimental reasons), and I am just querying whether or not it is likely to be single longitudinal mode in view of your statement regarding these lasers not being suitable for holography.

Many thanks

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hi Jem,
    The style of B+W tek these are are not single frequency. I have had a couple that were SLM (by test, not by specification)...7 mW spec in a rectangular case. I just tested one of the 50 mW models this morning...two fat ugly peaks. It would make a hologram with a double image and bread and butter marks probably. I tested all of them a year or so ago, none were suiateble for holography. You were lucky. If they were good for holography and not just light shows my price would be $750, not $150. Best, Phil

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 142laser View Post
    ...Their lasers are far better quality than many far East brands...
    I can definitely support Phils' statement that these are great little lasers.. I had started out with these, waaaay-back when I was making 'DIY-shoeboxes'..

(..pics are so-old, they're scans of 'prints', lol..
    ..and they made for really-nice, tight graphics / text-display. They'd make for a great rough-programming / 'living-room-rocker' rig.. Not sure if this driver is also analog-capable, but.. you can still do decent 'fades' / mixing even with TTL..

fwiw..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Thank you very much!
    B+W Tek is a laser and spectrometer company. The are older 50 mW current regulated green lasers that were used in light shows. Their lasers are far better quality than many far East brands. Thanks for asking, Phil

See: http://bwtek.com/
    L.A.S.E.R.
    Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

Laser system: Pure Diode 3W & 6W RGB Laser.

www.facebook.com/saifer.sy
    www.laser-viva.com

Hi Jem,
    The style of B+W tek these are are not single frequency. I have had a couple that were SLM (by test, not by specification)...7 mW spec in a rectangular case. I just tested one of the 50 mW models this morning...two fat ugly peaks. It would make a hologram with a double image and bread and butter marks probably. I tested all of them a year or so ago, none were suiateble for holography. You were lucky. If they were good for holography and not just light shows my price would be $750, not $150. Best, Phil
    Thanks for the info Phil
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001