Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laser Worlds modules. Any good?

Default Laser Worlds modules. Any good?

I am thinking of buying a Laser World 250mW green module as they seem about best all round value at around £189 UKP.

I'd appreciate any views on these units good or bad from anyone who has bought or used one.

Thanks - Dave
    A lovely childhood. Just me my mother and the voices.

If it's THIS one, I have no idea if they are any good - but it's only TTL blanking, and the PSU doesn't look like it has any external power adjustment.
    But they may not be downsides, depending on what you intend to do with it...

Thanks for response. Why should I need the PSU to be adjustable? Surely it should be 5 Volt under all conditions?

and it has only expected lifetime 5000hours and TTL! If you are going to build an RGB system later with this, I recommend to get an laser with analogue modulation instead of TTL.

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

I had visions of driving the head unit from a die4drive board for the analogue modulation so this seemed the cheapest way to get a half decent powered 532.

Default laser world

die4 drive is not going to have enough current drive to power a 250mw green and also you would have to also power the peltier and fan in that laser

the die4drive is an good idea. But I dont know it it would drive the 250mw laser? I dont remember who had a 50mW greenie with a die4drive driver to it..? But he got something like around 41mW of it..
    Maby I dont remember correctly..

Maby he can give some input here?

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    die4 drive is not going to have enough current drive to power a 250mw green and also you would have to also power the peltier and fan in that laser
    I would've thought the die4drive would be fine for that, it's a pretty inefficient laser if it needs more than 2A for 250mW of 532nm.

Yea, not sure if a die4drive would do it or not. Max output is something like an amp or so. My die4drive is set to about 450mA to give 50mw out of my greenie.

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    Yea, not sure if a die4drive would do it or not. Max output is something like an amp or so. My die4drive is set to about 450mA to give 50mw out of my greenie.
    Jeeez. Is that typical? Around 1.1 Watts in to get 50mW out? That's incredibly inneficient! Where does all the power go?