Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: RGBV laser

Thumbs up

Thanks!!!
    Yes I am very pleased with it, although I have some more to to do
    The guys at Stainless Steel Speciaties Inc. did an amazing job! And if anyone wants there number just let me know, all they need is a pic, or drawing, or just the measurements and they can do it ,and they ship all over too.

Haha!! yes its made to go to war zones and come back in on piece
    And due to its new weight lose plan, it now weights 68lbs. not the 100+lbs.!!

And yes I did get it, well I just have to wait for it to ship out. I really hope it works!!

djmatt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Wow.. I just took my time to read this thread.. I'm 23 and feel like I am sooo far behind. Wow Matt, great job.. I hope you have a job that pays well to afford all of that.
    - instinct

Talking

Well thanks!!
    I got bit by the wow I want to do that too bug, when I saw a video of a laser show on youtube and I was like I want to do that too!!!
    Well long story short, I got a laserw---d 500mw RGB....thats no longer with us.... Then I got on here, went to my first FLEM and I was like dude this is awesome!! And with alot of help here I am!!!
    And if I can build one, you can too!!!!
    Now Ive been turned in to a gas head!!!

i hope to have some new pics up very soon, but due to computer probs. and trying to get my alinement perfect I havent had time too...
    But they are coming!!!

DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Default So what now?

Matt, I've been reading this thread and I'm duly impressed. That's a whopper of a laser! I have several questions... How did you *fund* this project? I can't imagine what you must have spent! Also, I'm very amateur (even more so than you) and as I have no need nor funding for something that powerful, I'm looking at getting a Laserw___d CS500 RGBV for the club I work for, and building the control PC. The thing I don't understand is what the need is for the Violet laser, when all the control programs I see can only control 3 color channels. Perhaps you can explain it to me. Lastly, software recommendation for someone with no beam show experience but high ambition and big ideas? Eventually I would love to do what you did and take that thing on the road... heh heh. Well, I'll be anxious to see what you've been doing lately, and how that monster is doing... excuse me, that "Tank".

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by lulighttec View Post
    ...I'm looking at getting a Laserw___d CS500 RGBV for the club I work for, and building the control PC. The thing I don't understand is what the need is for the Violet laser, when all the control programs I see can only control 3 color channels. Perhaps you can explain it to me. . .
    First off, don't buy a Laserworld projector... unless you speak with someone at X Laser;

Second, Matt is using Pangolin which has 6 color channels.

Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Red face

Thanks for the welcome. Everyone and their brother has warned me away from Laserworld, but my dilemma is that the club can't really afford anything better. This is what I'm thinking: I'm gonna take my old mobolazer table and rework it over time. I'm still running into issues with an affordable controller. However, though this possibly should be reposted on a new thread, I'm totally open to all advice and suggestions you guys have to offer. I learn fast, and my aptitude is high. I think I'm gonna start with a 400mw 532nm so I can at least get the thing going.

Quote Originally Posted by lulighttec View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. Everyone and their brother has warned me away from Laserworld, but my dilemma is that the club can't really afford anything better. This is what I'm thinking: I'm gonna take my old mobolazer table and rework it over time. I'm still running into issues with an affordable controller. However, though this possibly should be reposted on a new thread, I'm totally open to all advice and suggestions you guys have to offer. I learn fast, and my aptitude is high. I think I'm gonna start with a 400mw 532nm so I can at least get the thing going.
    Hey, welcome to PL. Tell me, is Wilmington, NC very far from Newton, NC? What are you doing 8/21 and 8/22? http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...t=11052&page=1

Talking

Well this is the frist time ive had that nice pure crisp white Ive always had 2 405nm. modules in my laser, but I never could get it to work right..well tonight after taking them all out and redrilling some holes,I have to say just the added 200mw. of 405nm did the trick!!! Now all I need is a 445nm. and a 635nm.
    But I have a few tricks up my sleeve

DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Talking video time!!!

Well heres the first show run on it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQl0CXxnh9Q

I checked it and its doing 1.5 watts,how I dont know, but hey its fine with me!!
    Enjoy!
    DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt